• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by teresajane

1. T

Erdington Cottage Home Admission

my uncle was born in 1933 my grandmother was unmarried. It seems on some records he was backwards and forwards between Dudley road hospital and smelly oak infirmary! My question is he was admitted into the cottage home in 1939 so he was nearly 6 it's states he was admitted from Smethwick we...
  2. T

199 Hennage Street

i have a relative that was born at this address in 1927 on his birth certificate it say his mother worked at a shop that sold birds etc does anyone know what this shop was called ?
  3. T

Pet Shop

hi does anyone know of a pet shop in Heneage Street Aston in 1927. My grandmother is said to have been a shop assistant there.
  4. T

Bombing of Ash Road Saltley

hi my nan winifred edwards lived at 153 ash road saltley she lived with her mother edith winter thomas winter and her sister harriet jones and her husband walter jones walters mother mary jones also lived with them. harriet and walter had a son frederick jones. i have got this information from...
Back