• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by tbutlin

1. T

Central Grammar, International School Tile Cross

Hi KINS Suggest you try writing what you remember about your school and the time you spent there. I did this and several people responded with fab info. Regards, TedB
  2. T

Thank you Key Hill Brian: Another corroboration of my weak memories --- much obliged for you taking the time. This helps me very much --- I'm writing a fictional memoir and want to make sure I don't get too much "fiction" in it. Birmingham was an important part of my young life. Best regards, TedB
  3. T

Hello and many thanks Sandy: You are the third person to identify with Central Grammar School and 'my school' But the first to remember the smelly paint factory. Cherrywood road rings a faint bell in my 80-year-old head. Do you recognise anything else from my description posted earlier please...
  4. T

Bordesley Green Grammar Technical School

Thank you very much db84124 --- great pics. I don't remember the badge the way it's shown in your reply. Rather, it was a round tower with castellated top and bent arm with hammer. The blazer badge did not include other details such as name. I'm attaching a brief description of other features...
  5. T

Bordesley Green Grammar Technical School

Bordesley Green Grammar School for Boys School Badge = Castellated Tower with bent human arm holding a weapon (hammer or Mace or ?)
  6. T

Old Birmingham Schools - Changed Or Demolished

My old school --- Bordesley Green Grammar School for boys --- 1943 to 1945 Headmaster: Sir Rodney M .S. Pasley Bart, MA. Other faculty: Malcolm Loveridge, Henry Quinney, George Greatrex, Miss Whalley, Dr.Korn. Pupils: Billington, Harris, Norman Emms, etc. School badge: castellated tower with...
  7. T

Engineering Sayings

How about the irish one --- dog poo in pay packet --- that's for saturday work, time and a turd! TedB
  8. T

Engineering Sayings

I like --- you're short as two thick planks TedB
  9. T

Brummie sayings & language

I believe it was called a POITELETTE? TedB
  10. T

Hello JennyAnn Thanks very much info. Very useful. How can I find out more about Central Grammar School please? tbutlin
  11. T

Market Hall 1835 - 1963

Indeed I would like to know more about Percy's clock --- your url would not play unfortunately. My Grandfather also used to take me from Romsley (as an evacuee) to the Bullring for visits to my parents in Nechells, B'ham in the 40's There was a fabulous clock with mannequins on a rotating...
  12. T

I attended a Grammar School for Boys in Bordesley Green from 1943 to 1945 --- Could it have been called Central Grammar School? The headmaster was Sir Rodney M.S.Pasley Bart MA Other teachers were Malcolm Loveridge, Henry Quiney, George Greatrex, Miss Whalley? Dr.Korn Any help would be...
Back