• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Tammie

1. T

Gimlet Maker

something I need to find out as well as my ancestor was an auger & gimlet maker in 1810 ish. I beleive the auger was an agricultural implement.
  2. T

Kingstanding

Baths is the baths still there..we used to go from school in sutton
  3. T

Curzon Street Railway Station

a bit of a worry My interest in this beautiful building is that g g grandad was manager of the goods Station in 1901 and subsequent descendants including my dad, risked their lives defending the place from air raids...seems to me that now St Pancras has been refurbished Birmingham ought to...
  4. T

Morvans Scales

Morvans/Betts Thanks that was brilliant also links with midland railway are a bit clearer
  5. T

Walwyn Fanny

Granny Fanny Thanks for this its cleared so much up because william went off to live in leeds....the railway connection is vital because martha married a railwayman, she's my dad's grandma....thanks folks
  6. T

Morvans Scales

Morvans/Betts Thanks Alberta that's helped a lot... seems there were a lot of arranged marriages in our family.
  7. T

Walwyn Fanny

Does anyone know anything about the Walwyn family, she,born 1847, was an explorer in South Africa and he born 1852, was left at home working as a railway clerk at Curzon St.
  8. T

Morvans Scales

I am looking for any links to Bryan Morvan who was a Scales Manufacturer and lived in Sutton in 1901, I think he sold out to Avery and made a few bob!:redface: .
  9. T

The Home Guard

Cant wait to show my dad the film he was there then..grandad was an arp warden in Aston.. hopefully he'll know someone..the tall one's all look like him anyway.:Aah:
  10. T

lots of SURNAMES

really interested in the Chamberlains do you have a Harriet Chamberlain born around 1830 1840 she is listed as a sister in law I think I have a photo of her too
  11. T

Canals of Birmingham

tammie My g.g.g. grandfather was the lockkeeper at aston locks... I would really like to know how he came to marry a woman from Sheffield and so did his son who went on to be the manager of Curzon St railway station,??? he lived at 64 cato st.
Back