• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by TAM253

1. T

Park Road Hockley

Hi Rog - my brother recalls that sweet shop as well and the fact that their cat used to lie on top of the sweets in the window which is something that I also recall (must have been an old cat!). Would be closed down these days but I also loved their ‘jublees’ especially the half frozen ones. We...
  2. T

Park Road Hockley

Hi Rog - yes that sounds like Emlyn bless him. Actually one of your photos triggered another memory where Peter George was on top of Emlyn. I am sure when he got up he started on Peter - amazing what you remember. I can’t remember anything at all about the teachers, even your excellent photos...
  3. T

Park Road Hockley

Hi Rog - many thanks for the photos, my god the memories they have triggered! Cant believe I was the only one wearing a cap something I adopted more as I got older and started to lose my hair. Afraid i can’t help with the unidentified ones but I am amazed how you have remembered all the names...
  4. T

Park Road Hockley

Hi Rog - I believe it was Devonshire Avenue, I know it was just up the road from the 'wreck' as we used to call it. Yes please I would love to see the photos, I wonder if I have changed much? lol Take care - Tony
  5. T

Park Road Hockley

Hi Rog - many thanks for the maps. Had to smile when I saw the 'Lunatic Asylum', don't think in these PC days that would be allowed now!. My uncle Joe was a nurse there, he lived in Bacchus Road so did not have far to go to work. Talking of Bacchus Road I always remember using the baths there as...
  6. T

Park Road Hockley

Hi Roger - remember you well, hope you and family all ok. Happy memories of Park Road/Norton Street, mom worked for a spell at the McDougals flour factory just up the way from you if I remember correctly but had to pack it up as she was allergic to it (the flour that is not the work!). My...
Back