• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by tali

1. tali

Amesbury Court,Moseley

Thanks for info Phil and Colin :)
  2. tali

Amesbury Court,Moseley

Amesbury Court, 6 Amesbury Road, Birmingham, B13 8LD (not Amesbury Manor which is further up ), i believe this imposing building opposite the rear of Moseley Hall hospital near Salisbury rd side is now divided into flats.But does anyone know history of this building -wasn't it connected to some...
  3. tali

Golden Hillock Road School

https://www.dinoregister.com/search.php?detailsearch=06206-2
  4. tali

Car registration numbers

999KOP sadly seems to be no more.
  5. tali

Golden Hillock Road School

Basil Wainwright is he same one who duped Noel Edmonds ? I recall the premises on Walford Road and Medlicott Road. Always a yellow Ferrari Dino parked there - which was a unique event back then.Those Dinos are now priced at 250 to 300k !
  6. tali

Car registration numbers

I recall near Sparkhill Police station regularly parked was COP999 - and afaik the owner was not a PC
  7. tali

90s Pop Video Brum

Very Rare 90s pop video featuring Brum -some places obvious , but anybody pinpoint ? Impressive Police chase Cracking song one of my faves from the 90s( although may not be popular with the Werthers Original crowd here!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCouhOXywU4
  8. tali

Montgomery Street School

Plenty pixs here including Mr Brazier https://www.friendsreunited.co.uk/montgomery-primary-school/b/2e4722b1-e2fd-410e-bc72-443a2fc12c7e
  9. tali

Vehicle Registration Letters - Issuing Authority Listing

Afaik O1 was first number issued in Brum and followed numerically O2, O3 etc......so lettts get reaaady to ruuummmmbllle!!!!:triumphant: O1 today O2 =Ferrari 575 Maranello Registration O3 Make VOLVO Model V70 De SE LUX D5 AUTO
  10. tali

Italian Car Dealers in Brum in the 80's ?

Mario Dellioti himself retired.He is 80yrs old and lives in Bell Heath near Belbroughton
  11. tali

Motorcycle - How To Find My Old One

Registration LKW2 Make MERCEDES Model VITO Description 111 CDI XLONG Fuel Type Diesel Date of Liability 01 11 2013 Date of First Registration 12 11 2004
  12. tali

Montgomery Street School

Hi GillianJH, Mrs Askew, -my elder siblings remember her .Miss Gorniack -yes i remember her - looked like Margaret Thatcher with her bouffant hair! Do you remember quite and placid Mrs Hingley - she retired after 40 yrs i got email last year from Mr Brazier's grandson in New Zealand -...
  13. tali

Toy car shop Walford Rd Sparkbrook

Phil, Yes it seems trawlings is on wrong side of road! I loved that shop -even though it was very dark inside!
  14. tali

Car registration numbers

yes and they also have 0E60OEO
  15. tali

Toy car shop Walford Rd Sparkbrook

I recall it from mid 70s -it was a small shop selling Matchbox, Lesney toy cars and practical jokes.It was on Walford Rd Sparkbrook , in a block of shops near the Royal Mail sorting office (which is still there) Does anyone know name or do a directory look up ?
Back