• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by SusanPRH

1. S

Coleman Place And Coleman Street

Some wonderful information here of great interest. Thank you everyone involved!
  2. S

Coleman Place And Coleman Street

I am trying to trace a family that was on Coleman Place in the 1841 census (where the surname was mis-transcribed as "Childsworth") and on Coleman Street at some point later that decade (recorded in a rent-book under the correct name, Charlesworth). I have found an excellent map and photograph...
  3. S

Christian Chartist Church in Birmingham

Thank you very much for this, Viv. The reference to St Martin's District Church and School looked especially useful. Any other leads will be gratefully received also! Susan
  4. S

Christian Chartist Church in Birmingham

In the 1840s, there was a Christian Chartist Church on Newhall Street, led by Arthur O'Neill. (Members presumably supported the People's Charter of 1838.). Does anyone know where on Newhall St it was, and whether the building is still there? I am new to this group. Before I started this...
Back