• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Susan Thompson

1. S

Allen - Birmingham jewellers 1700s- 1900s

Is there an apprentice index for the jewelry industry? I don't know if George Allen had a shop or not would there be a way of finding out? Susan
  2. S

Does anyone have any information about the jewelry quarter industry, is there an archive about it? I'm finding it difficult to research which George Allen had a shop and where, any information will be appreciated.
  3. S

I'm still learning how to use this forum, George Smith Allen was born in 1839 Manchester, but his parents were from Birmingham,
  4. S

I'm of the understanding that there were two different George Allen, jeweller in the jewelry quarter, I have seen that there was a George Charles Allen, but I'm looking for George Smith Allen I hope that there is someone on the forum that has heard about him. In the 1881 census he was married...
  5. S

William Allen AB Row

Hi everyone thanks to you all, I had hit a brick wall but now I'm feeling a little more hopeful, the lady who has pictures of AB Row I would love to see them, but first is it alright to put my address on here?
  6. S

William Allen AB Row

Thank you mws master brummie, you are a big help, I have found one of William Allen sons William he died in 1842 and was my 3 × grandfather. Could I please ask for your help would you happen to know the names of the other sons. I'm not from Birmingham area so don't know anything about it but...
  7. S

William Allen AB Row

Thank you I will look it up.
  8. S

William Allen AB Row

I was reading about Ab Row and a stone mason named William Allen was mentioned, I have been searching the Allen family tree, finding out that William Allen 4th times grand father, was Ab Row where he lived or worked, does anyone know anything about the Allen family, were they stone masons...
Back