• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Susan shaw

1. S

OLD BIRMINGHAM PHOTOS FROM STEVEBHx

Thank you so much for this pic Jonob. I cannot believe it is still standing. As for Windsor Street South, I didn't know that it existed. I went to Windsor Street primary school. I never seem to get the time to go and visit these streets, although I am promising myself all the time. I lived...
  2. S

My mom and dad were married here in August 1947. Many thanks Sue
  3. S

Loving this one Steve, as always many thanks. Kind regards , Sue
  4. S

Old street pics..

Thank you for these wonderful photo's, both of them meaning so much. Happy memories. Kind regards, Sue
  5. S

fish and chip shops

Hi Clive F Great to read your post and lovely to hear that someone remembers The Blackpool fish and chip shop. Even more so that you worked in Coleshill Street. It is rarely mentioned, so over the moon when I read your post. It was an interesting area you are right. So many happy memories...
  6. S

Bracebridge Street

Oh so remember this cafe Lady P. A great cafe, owned by a great couple. You may remember from previous posts, that we worked for the same company, Benton & Stone. Happy days. Lovely to see the pic again. Fab. Kind regards, Sue
  7. S

Bracebridge Street

Welcome to the Forum RRJ. Lovely pics, thank your for sharing. I worked at Benton & Stone in the sixties and have very fond memories of this area. Kind regards, Sue
  8. S

Look at the little girl, on the first floor. Perhaps watching the cameraman. Could be the daughter of the Hairdresser. Sue
  9. S

Thanks for the wonderful photos, truly amazing. Sue
  10. S

ANDERTON STREET LADYWOOD

Hi Lyn, What an amazing, wonderful thread. As always these photos bring so much happiness. Fabulous. Sue.
  11. S

In the garden 2022

Hi Janice, Is this a Hellebore Corsican? I have had one of these for many years, it was a one off buy from a fruit shop in Sheldon. It always seemed to be the black sheep of the family. Compared to other types of Hellebores that I have, it always seemed to be sad! I always looked after it...
  12. S

Dale End

Hi MWS, Thank you for your post . Unfortunately, we lived in between the two photographs and I have seen them before, yes, I think it may have been on the Birmingham Forum. Nice to see them again. One thing I did miss though was number 51 was mentioned. My aunt , uncle and cousins lived...
  13. S

Delta Metal Dartmouth Street

I remember Delta Metal in Dartmouth Street. I would pass it on the way to school (Bloomsbury Girls Annexe) and then on the way to work at Benton & Stone in Aston Brook Street, my first job. Regards Sue
  14. S

Dale End

Hi All Don't you just love the BHF. I have just been reading this thread, the old photos are amazing. Unfortunately, Dale End doesn't look amazing these days! One of many memories is going shopping to Marsh & Baxters for my mom and nan. I just wish the camera man could have carried on walking...
  15. S

Newtown Row

Thank you for photos Mark. Sue
Back