• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Stuart Bannerman

1. S

Heneage Street

Hi, I’ve just found out part of my family lived in “Heneage Row” in Heneage St, Ashted c:1882. Does anyone know where abouts on the street Heneage Row might have been? Cheers
  2. S

Newtown Row . Shops/back to backs between miller st and moorsom st

So close considering the last one pictured is only 2 houses away. It looks as though it was demolished around the time of the rest of the area then. Many thanks for the help and for clearing up exactly where 177 was. On the map provided by RobT, all the back to backs are numbered in the...
  3. S

Well that has certainly changed things a bit! Im was under the impression( from a trade directory page) that 177 was almost at the corner of moorsom st. If it was in the middle of the row then it would have been in the part that survived into the 80s, which i do have a picture of
  4. S

Hi, Im trying to piece together some info on and if possible get a picture of the row of shops/back to backs between miller st and moorsom st, newtown. They fronted newtown row and backed onto the bus depot yard. My family lived at 2/177 newtown row before ww2 and were there for a good few...
Back