• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by stevie c

1. S

COLLIS Radio & TV

Hi Lee I started work on the vale in 1972 so carnt help regarding the 60’s. What exactly are you looking for? Steve
  2. S

COLLIS Radio & TV

I agree Ted ,wouldn’t it be good to have those people in our lives now ,certainly make things feel a bit better
  3. S

COLLIS Radio & TV

Morning Ted, sounds good, wondered why castle vale depot was not invited , although they might have and our service manager never wanted it. Was trying to find out if any of the guys there was still about,I can only think if Facebook to find out ?
  4. S

COLLIS Radio & TV

Hi mate, no ,we all went to local pubs each Christmas ,they were great times. I believe the tower ballroom was a bigger event ,was there a band on ?
  5. S

COLLIS Radio & TV

We never had that,we all went to a local pub week before Christmas
  6. S

COLLIS Radio & TV

I remember pete beech who became our service manager at castle vale,probably because I mainly worked at the vale and sparkbrook depot during the 3 day week when there was the power cuts in the city. Our workshop engineers were tony hunt , Norman crisp,Keith Gordon,Dave Morris,John Hyde our...
  7. S

COLLIS Radio & TV

Hi Stu Carnt recall your name,that could be an age thing though! Lol ,but like you, I had the best days of my working career there. What do you do know Stu ? Cheers Steve
  8. S

COLLIS Radio & TV

Do you remember peter beech service manager of castle vale depot .
  9. S

COLLIS Radio & TV

Hi What’s your name,just trying to place you. I worked at the service workshop on castle vale ind estate
Back