• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by stevie.b-123

1. S

Gun Inn, Bath street, birmingham

thanks for that mike, steve.
  2. S

Gun Inn, Bath street, birmingham

hello all, just found a rele who was a publican at the above pub on the 1911 census. (arthur patrick sutton). just wondered if anyone might have any pics or further info on the pub. many thanks. regards, steve.
  3. S

GRIFFITH. electoral roll look up,

Re: electoral roll look up, GRIFFITH. Thanks for looking sue. is there any way i can find who was living with them at the time?
  4. S

GRIFFITH. electoral roll look up,

Could someone have a look for, James and Annie Griffith, 1911 census living at 171, clifford st, aston. many thanks, steve.
  5. S

St Phillips Birmingham Look Ups

hi eric, yes,thats the one i found. but on looking at the microfilm the other day nothing came up. i was hoping someone might have more info on the actual marriage details. steve.
  6. S

Pegg William

Re: William Pegg hi annie, dont think they are the same williams. my lot are the bham ones. his father was john pegg,mother sarah kendrick. regards, steve.
  7. S

St Phillips Birmingham Look Ups

hi all, looking for any info that might be on a marriage found on the IGI. John PEGG to Ann COLEY, 30/8/1835,st philips. i had a look at the relevant micro film at central library but could not find it. ( might be the eyes). regards, steve.
  8. S

Pegg William

Re: William Pegg Hi annie, i have a william pegg in my tree born 1876, bham. he married a catherine taylor,1898.bham. is this the same william? steve.
  9. S

Bate

hi frothblower, i'm the one that linda has been in contact with you about. i did not know about lily as i have not yet seen the 1911 census record. lily was my grandfathers sister. his name was arthur bate. nice to speak to you. i guess you would be my 1st cousin once removed...
  10. S

newspaper article 1930. william henry vile.

thanks lyn. i'll do that steve.
  11. S

Key Hill Cemetery

thanks for the look brian. regards,steve.
  12. S

newspaper article 1930. william henry vile.

I am trying to get a copy of a newspaper article reporting on a serious incident which happened to a rele in 1930 (resulting in his death). does the bham library hold copies of the local papers in circulation at that time? maybe the incident was a national report. any suggestions would be great...
  13. S

Key Hill Cemetery

Hello wendy, can you have a look to see if any VILE family members are buried at the cemetery. I have just sterted to research this branch. many thanks, steve.
  14. S

New church street

thanks mike nice and clear. steve.
  15. S

New church street

hello, can anyone tell me where New Church st was? I have found reles living there on the 1881 census. Thanks, steve.
Back