• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by stever_51

1. S

Lichfield Road Aston

Mike Many thanks, that's more than I could possible have hoped for, thanks for taking the trouble. I barely know my family on either of my parent's sides. To go two, three and four generations back, see where they once lived and get a flavour of the life they had is quite something. Steve
  2. S

Lichfield Road Aston

hey everyone... I wonder if anyone can help me, I half heartedly started looking at a births deaths and marriage records website earlier what is now yesterday evening and 9 hours later I have come across an entry in the 1891 census for my grandfather,great grandfather and great great...
  3. S

Newspapers : From Birmingham Post 150 years ago

The one about the mysterious Tipton slasher :) - sorry I thought I had quoted the original post.
  4. S

Newspapers : From Birmingham Post 150 years ago

Urinating in a public place?
  5. S

Woodgate valley

i have only just Thank you very much Chris. I have only just found this forum, it is absolutely excellent. I've been reading through any number of threads, rivetting stuff.
  6. S

Woodgate valley

Tommy Knocker's wood was supposedly haunted by Tommy Knocker himself. He was either a murder victim there or had committed suicide - memory fails me. 'Knocker' was some sort of nickname rather than his real name. Either way the wood had a story behind it. I left Quinton in the 1960's, but...
  7. S

Chamberlain square then and now

I am a newcomer to this site so apologies for joining a thread that is almost two years old. Some excellent pictures have been posted here. I left Brum in 1970, so I have no idea what kind of furore there was, if any, when such fine buildings were flattened but I can kind of understand how it...
Back