• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by stevejgwinn

1. S

St Gerards Hospital, Coleshill

hi Sue thank you for your reply I would love to go for a visit and it would be great to see you and Deb there, Awaiting your reply Steve
  2. S

hi deb and sue thank you for your reply, I also remember the black and white minstrels or a panto I remember my dad telling me who they were, I also remember seeing Bambi. The television was on all the time and we the one's confined to bed use to able to move our beds...
  3. S

hi, I went to St Gerrards duing the early sixties, it wasn't a pleasant time, I was age 5 when I went in and escaped when I was age 8, I had a condition called Perthes disease [soft hip bone] I had both legs in plaster and a bar across them so I was confined to my bed. I remember many arguements...
  4. S

gwinnetts

hi Maggie, we share the same ancestor in Edwin Alexander Gwinnett 1804- 1882 , I do have alot of info on EAG , I would love to share with you , I'm in the process in trying to establish who his father and mother were , I know it was a John and Sarah Gwinnett but there are several John and Sarah...
  5. S

gwinnetts

hello maggie, yes i do remember, Richard Alexander Gwinnett is in my tree he is my 1st cousin 3x removed, his father was Richard Gwinnett 1845 Tipton, my 2nd great grand uncle, whose father was Edwin Alexander Gwinnett 1804 Tipton, my 3rd great grandfather. What was Richard Alexander Gwinnett...
  6. S

gwinnetts

hello sorry for the delay. i need more info on richard gwinnett florence's father, i have 5 richard gwinnett's in my tree, two of them might match. many thanks steve
  7. S

Sarah Whitmore Tonks

hello. i found a sarah short married to a harry short on the 1911 census, see attached image, they match to the 1891 and 1901 all the best steve
  8. S

rivett albert edward

Re: albert edward rivett hello. many thanks will let you know how i get on , steve
  9. S

rivett albert edward

Re: albert edward rivett hi, many thanks i have had a great response let you know how i get on , steve
  10. S

rivett albert edward

Re: albert edward rivett hello, many thanks for your help i have had a great response and it will take a while to work through them, steve
  11. S

rivett albert edward

Re: albert edward rivett hi, many thanks , very quick reply, and helpful, steve
  12. S

rivett albert edward

hello, i'm trying to trace any information on albert edward rivett 1897 great yarmouth norfolk the 1911 census says he lived at 24 lynton rd , aston birmingham , where he was a shop boy - errand boy . i would like to find out when he died ? who he married ? and whether he had...
  13. S

gwinnetts

thank you for your help :)steve
  14. S

gwinnetts

hi is anybody tracing the name Gwinnett around aston or tipton, my father was named john edward gwinnett [1931] and during the 2 ww lived at 39 pugh rd aston , his parents were wilfred and ethel [rivett anybody know any info about them] , i have traced my ancesters to sheepwash lane tipton 1881...
  15. S

gwinnetts

thank you thank you mrs T , i believe the whole family during the war lived at 39 pugh rd aston there was 5 children elen elizabeth gwinnett 1924 edwin charles 1927 florence may 1926 wilfred alexander 1928 john edward 1931 all have passed away but i'm hoping rose who was married to edwin[ted]...
Back