• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

SteveBhx's latest activity

• SteveBhx
    SteveBhx reacted to mikejee's post in the thread OLD AND NEW PHOTOGRAPHS with Appreciate Appreciate.
    It is the albion. I have similar photo , but without sale board next dood
  • SteveBhx
    SteveBhx reacted to mikejee's post in the thread OLD AND NEW PHOTOGRAPHS with Appreciate Appreciate.
    This was in Cambridge St
  • SteveBhx
    SteveBhx replied to the thread OLD AND NEW PHOTOGRAPHS.
    well that was a quick roll to go through and shows how many duplicated there were. Last one on the roll and for tonight , we have good...
    • 20230108125048_03.jpg
  • SteveBhx
    Now this one I have even less information but I assume it is Public works so someone will know where it is!! Public Lighting Depot...
    • 20230108125048_02.jpg
  • SteveBhx
    apologies if the description is wrong - I am told this is the Albion in Sheepcote Street, tiny building but with the M & B lamp out the...
    • 20230108124857_12.jpg
  • SteveBhx
    Next we have St Pauls Tavern, I have posted an image of this pub but from the other direction, bit of a distant view but shows how it...
    • 20230108124857_11.jpg
  • SteveBhx
    Unfortunately we are peering around a lamppost with a Ford Cortina on the street, we have the Gunmakers Arms Bath Street, now a Two...
    • 20230108124857_08.jpg
  • SteveBhx
    Trying again with the Queens Arms Newhall Street, no date I am afraid and not much to see on the street apart for the meters so I assume...
    • 20230108124857_07.jpg
  • SteveBhx
    Sorry for my absence - been no where but sometimes time takes over. We have moved on to Roll 33 , which is a bit of a hit and miss roll...
  • SteveBhx
    I've done that - makes you look good ;)
  • SteveBhx
    Glad I was of assistance even if I did not know it !!
  • SteveBhx
    Interestingly neither Smiths Model Stores nor Queen St appear in the 1964.65 or 66 Kellys, showing that it is not infallable
  • SteveBhx
    SteveBhx replied to the thread Canals of Birmingham.
    apologies for going " off piste" I noticed a mention about the Dudley canal tunnel in this thread , last week I went for a walk from...
    • blowers green.jpg
    • viaduct.jpg
    • canal tunnel.jpg
  • SteveBhx
    Sorry back to a random picture with no details, Good Cheer Cellars, with part of C.V. Bull next door, which looks like it may have...
    • 20230108121634_10.jpg
  • SteveBhx
    SteveBhx reacted to Astoness's post in the thread OLD AND NEW PHOTOGRAPHS with Sad Sad.
    as thought steve its gone...
Back