• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by steve hooper

1. steve hooper

Davos, Switzerland Sunday Mercury & Kunzle

Re: Davos, Switzerland Sunday Mercury & Kunzle --August 2013
  2. steve hooper

We have just returned from a visiit to Davos Platz and boy has it changed in 45 years only to be expected though. We stayed in a hotel called Waldhotel (which is easily the nicest hotel we have ever stayed in) which is only a stone's throw away from Pro Juventute and it was lucky that we went...
  3. steve hooper

Just found this facebook page after a notification on my e mail - great to see. (Why not upload these pictures to this site as well?) or should I join the facebook world? Best Wishes Steve
  4. steve hooper

https://www.facebook.com/pages/caselva/1875https://www.facebook.com/pages/caselva/187574331295118#%21/group.php?gid=4529803419074331295118#%21/group.php?gid=45298034190
  5. steve hooper

Great to see your entry, looking forward to seeing your photos. The website was hacked a while ago and most of the photos where lost. Best Wishes Steve Hooper
  6. steve hooper

Since posting twice before on this site I have been thinking about my time in Davos and have jotted down a few memories as they have come to me so bear with me. I was there in 1968 to halfway through 1969. Prince Charles was made Prince of Wales – his investiture was televised and I was allowed...
  7. steve hooper

No - I was at a sanitorium called Projuventute Davos Platz - It was later renamed AKD (Alpine Kinderlinken Davos). Thanks for the postcard link.
  8. steve hooper

New to this site. In 1968 I was at this sanitorium for asthma, I was there for a year and a half and without being melodramatic this probably saved my life. My parents could not afford to send me so from what I can gather most of it was paid for by the Red Cross. We as a family were living in...
Back