• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Steve Allen

1. S

Lordswood Boys' Technical School

Hi Howard, Thanks for your memories. I must confess I don't remember being singled out to demonstrate how to pass a rugby ball but it's nice to think I was good at something! Hope you are keeping well.
  2. S

Hi Paul, Hi Vic, Yes, I used to go to the Cannon Hill Arts Centre ( as I think it was called in those days?) quite a bit and I certainly remember seeing Fleetwood Mac there but to be honest, can't remember anything else about the occasion you relate. Nor can I remember the art lecture but I...
  3. S

Hi Vic, You have a good memory! Yes I owned a Lambretta 125. When I started at Lordswood in 1961 we lived in Handsworth, the opposite side of Brum from most of the other pupils who seemed to live mostly Edgebaston, Harborne, Selly Oak, Quinton etc. However, the No. 11 Circle bus served me well...
  4. S

Hello Tom and everyone, What a lovely couple of hours I've just had after discovering this website! It's revived some great memories - laughed out loud a few times I can tell you! It took me a little while to realise why I wasn't on the photo of 5A despite being able to recognise so many of...
Back