• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Stephen0002002

1. Stephen0002002

Woodcock St Baths.

Went to Life Saving practice on Thursdays at Woodcock St around late 1960's I think. RNLI.
  2. Stephen0002002

They Were Caught In Our Old Street Pics...

Love this thread ty. I watched "The Running Man" on talking pictures the other day. Never knew it was a 60's film.
  3. Stephen0002002

Lucas York Road Engine Electronics Hall Green

Yes all those names remembered. Simon Cardall went on to become a manager in Supply chain later on.
  4. Stephen0002002

TY. #1984 could it be a vegetable crop ? organic, carrots ?
  5. Stephen0002002

Avery Retired Employees Association

Gr8 memories of good old Averys. Apprentice there in 74. Worked there until 1986. Worked in Tech/TMD. A great place to work. Still have my wellies from the stores dept.
  6. Stephen0002002

Hello gr8 to be back and our running man is still a mystery I see. May I ask what Knickebein was ?
  7. Stephen0002002

I Wonder What She's Thinking?

Thanks Eric, we've got the message matey and taking the necessary precautions. But understand your point thanks.
  8. Stephen0002002

Brummie sayings & language

Livery Street. A great phrase used by my mum too and I remember it well. Livery Street = was much longer before the Queensway was built across it. I'm sure we must have had these before ... but here goes ... Up the Apples and Pairs. Put wood int ole.
  9. Stephen0002002

Peaky Blinders - A world away from Downton!

Its a very interesting ramble Maria. There is a good you-tube video about Carl Chinn and the peaky's, well worth watching. Was it me or was this second series a bit more aggressive ? Good question .. probably not the sort of family to get associated with I guess.
  10. Stephen0002002

The garrison pub

Is there any connection to Peaky Blinders or is the TV series just a fictional link to the Garrison ?
  11. Stephen0002002

Memories - I heard somewhere that we remember everything its just remembering how to retrieve it. :) Sometimes it only takes a picture to trigger things off. #1381 Erdington pic Phil - I wonder if the girl in the foreground was looking at the photographer and thinking ... ... if he don't move...
  12. Stephen0002002

Birmingham Statue Campaign

I don't think we should close this thread, you can learn something from the point of view of others. And thx for showing the pics of the statues. I hear other peoples views - we were brought up to think of family as - man,woman,kids in the old days. But things change and we should not judge by...
  13. Stephen0002002

#1370 those 2 kids look real cute - thx for pointing that out. Agree those old black and white pics are so full of character. and its great to see so many kids on the streets. Yes Mo - I thought it might be Sunday - I just wonder if everyday was like that a bit ? - as there werent so many...
  14. Stephen0002002

Good plot -- great ending. Great having an historical-drama based on Brum ppl. I went off Grace a bit - have you ? That Sabatini is a real nasty piece of work (hes in Game of Thrones as well). And ... good old Polly - get in !
  15. Stephen0002002

What do we think of Series 2 ? Final episode this week I think.
Back