• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Stephen Bullas

1. Stephen Bullas

Guthlac House School, Castle Bromwich

I've had one Like from Jan Kammerath Do you have some interest in a potential meetup if we can get enough interested parties together? Stephen
  2. Stephen Bullas

Further to my Aug 19 2023 posting, my wife, Dani, and I are planning to be in Brum (Great Barr) and also in Rednal for a weekend sometime later this year. If you'd me interested in a meetup for an hour or so (doesn't matter where in B'ham or the immediately surrounding area) and we can get...
  3. Stephen Bullas

Robert Taylor and I, both contributors to this forum, met up together with our respective wives for lunch at a Sussex pub whilst they were on a trip back to the UK from Australia this summer. Although none of us had met in person before, I'm pleased to report that we all had a terrific time and...
  4. Stephen Bullas

Hi Susan! I remember an Elaine but, unfortunately, not her surname. I do remember something about her though: she had a wooden pencil box which I always admired! Best wishes, Stephen
  5. Stephen Bullas

Hi again, Janice, I hope you're well? I was just wondering if there was any follow-up on the possible get-togethers that you mentioned and, if so, where I can find the relevant thread? FYI, I'm pleased to say that Robert Taylor and his wife Sue are to be in the UK shortly and I and my wife...
  6. Stephen Bullas

Hi Myra! My Google handset is identifying the farm picture as being taken at Malmesbury in Wiltshire, but I don't know how accurate Google is in these things! BTW, I didn't ask it - it simply volunteered it! Big brother is watching us all :-( Stephen
  7. Stephen Bullas

Hi Sue! There don't seem to be any attachments to your two posts regarding prizes. (I'm assuming that you must have pressed the blue "Post reply" button before you pressed the "Attach files" one - easily done :) ATB, Stephen
  8. Stephen Bullas

Welcome back, Robert. UK next year? It sounds about the same distance :cool:
  9. Stephen Bullas

Hi Sue, and welcome to the Guthlac House Forum - it's great to have you 'on board'! I started this forum just over a year ago in the hope that it might bring some old pupils back in touch with one another and, indeed, it has done so, albeit very slowly! We have at least one member, Robert...
  10. Stephen Bullas

Hi Myra! Great to hear from you and I very much enjoyed looking at the photos :) Taking the questions you raise in order: The blazer badge was a tree as the central motif (see my earlier photo post) but the blazers all seem very dark in your own photos, compared with the one in mine. I do...
  11. Stephen Bullas

Hi Myra, and welcome to the forum! It's wonderful to have found someone else that was at Guthlac House. Please do post any photos (of pupils and/or staff) that you may have, together with the names of anyone on them that you may remember! I take it that you meant elocution lessons - do you...
  12. Stephen Bullas

Hi Robert / Janice / everyone! It's been some months since anyone last posted, so I trust that you are all well and Covid-free? I mentioned in one of my posts last summer that I had a photo of me in my Guthlac House uniform but, being black and white, I couldn't tell whether it was the green...
  13. Stephen Bullas

Hi Robert! Try using a UK-based VPN or elect to use the UK as the 'base station' if your existing VPN has that option; you can always revert back if you want to! Good luck and best wishes, Stephen
  14. Stephen Bullas

Hi everyone, and Happy New Year! Well, for those of you who may be interested in who St. Guthlac was, I have some great news :) . . . Last night (Jan. 4th) on BBC1, there was the first episode of Series 9 of Alice Roberts's "Digging for Britain". For those of you who may not know her, she was...
  15. Stephen Bullas

Hello Janice and Robert! Well, Christmas is almost upon us, so I'd like to take this opportunity of wishing you both a very happy one! As you will have (not) seen, there doesn't seem to have been any further movement on Guthlac House since our various posts in the summer. If anyone else is...
Back