• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Stan. H

1. S

Henrietta Street Ambulance Station

Hi Rob, we are going way off topic here lol. No mate, I only did mobile work in the cash in transit vehicles. I worked two differnt types as I remember. One was more or less a van but obviously armoured, the other was more like a 7.5 ton type vehicle, but on both I was the guy locked in the back...
  2. S

How crazy is that?? So you and I must have worked there at the same time! Unfortunately I don't remember anyone there. I do remember that one of the guys had a brother or brother in law (maybe even another close relative ) that was in the jewellry trade. I had a puzzle ring that he was able to...
  3. S

Hi Louie and thanks for getting back. So how weird is that....... when i was around 16, so that would be 1970/71 I had a part-time job with Security Express (at least i think it was Security Express). At that time they were located at the back of some buildings on Hollyhead Road, Handsworth...
  4. S

Hi Louie, Their were a few Smith's at Henrietta when I worked there (not surprisingly perhaps), and I am sure I knew a Ron Smith. If he's the guy I'm thinking of he was a young looking chap with fair hair, the noticeable thing about him was his height as he was fairly tall. Does this sound like...
  5. S

City Centre Photographs

That is the best I can do without it becoming totally blurred. Is that Buster Keaton?? Haha
  6. S

City Centre Photographs

I think that is an excellent suggestion, however I don't see "girl" on the board. Nevertheless, carrying on you suggestion, is it possible that the bottom lines first word is "at" followed by the name of a theatre? Yes? No? Maybe? Haha
  7. S

Hi Jim, What's your Dads name buddy? Just on the off chance I know him. Cheers, Stan
  8. S

City Centre Photographs

Yea.... My bad! I as looking at the last but one it would appear. DOH!
  9. S

City Centre Photographs

The sign says "paint" on the last line surely, but it is a little blurred to be sure. Stan
  10. S

Yup, i remember them and thanks for that.
  11. S

Pretty sure that vehicle was in service at Henrietta Street when i started there. The crazy thing about the two tone horns on the roof was that in the winter they would fill with snow or get iced up. In an effort to prevent this happening, we would steal some tube/gauze dressing from the A&E and...
  12. S

Hi Viv, I know everyone in the picture. I used to know a female member of staff at Henrietta Street named Viv. Is that you by any chance?
  13. S

Birmingham Accident Hospital

Great pic of the old "Acci". Ambulance showing the 5 square logo of the West Midlands Metropolitan Service, yet another change in name and status..... With more to come.
  14. S

Memories : Essence Of The 50s And 60s

I never seem to have that trouble paying out, but any money to my account does seem to take longer i agree. I reckon the banks hold onto it and get a little more action for themselves with our cash before they release it haha. Who knows? Computers were supposed to make life easier.. well up to...
  15. S

Anyone in here that served at Henrietta Street between the years '74 - '86?
Back