• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by sprayra

1. S

Where is This #203?

Hi, is your thumbnail photo of St Gabriels church, My grandparents married there.
  2. S

Hop-picking

Lovely reading Graham, makes you feel peaceful imagining warm late summer days in the country.
  3. S

My granddad's, John Sheldon, birth certificate.

Hi Graham & Freddy, finding you both so quickly was amazing I just googled grandad's name and year of birth and I went straight to this web site. I've told a lot of people about the site. I don't think I could have given Pat happier news when I told her I had been in contact. All the aunt's...
  4. S

Hi Freddy, yes there was another little girl, her name is Julie she was born in 1965. Pat has put a photo on FB when all the family were together after many years of not seeing each other. Julie is on the left standing next to me. She unfortunately never met all the aunts , uncles and cousins...
  5. S

Hi John, thank you for getting back to me so quickly, my granddad was a POW and died in Germany. I do have some info about him now. Kind Regards Rose
  6. S

Hi, my aunty was Lily Sheldon who later became Mrs Webb. Regards Rose
  7. S

my grandad John Sheldon was born 1882/3, according to the 1911 census he was born in Walsall. He married my grandmother Florence Ellen Butler in 1905. There were three children on the census at that time, my father William Arthur Sheldon was not born yet the address for the family was in Greet...
Back