• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Spargone's latest activity

• S
    Spargone replied to the thread Rover Sd1.
    A pair of P7s, the test bed for the five-cylinder engine and other ideas.
    • roverbw015.jpg
  • S
    Spargone replied to the thread Rover Sd1.
    SD1 in disguise.
    • 97368.jpg
  • S
    Spargone reacted to Jelicoe's post in the thread St Giles Church Sheldon with Appreciate Appreciate.
    The person holding the bucket is Henry Greaves, the master builder, my Grandfather Sidney Bragg, my father Benjamin Bragg is the person...
  • S
    Spargone reacted to Dave Riley's post in the thread Early Radio with Appreciate Appreciate.
    I have posted this link to a excellent Radio History site containing a goldmine of information in a previous thread not exactly related...
  • S
    Spargone replied to the thread Early Radio.
    Back in 1937 the readers of Practical Wireless eagerly awaited enclosures such as this:
    • st900bp.jpg
  • S
    Spargone replied to the thread Steam Locos.
    If people want to see large US freight trains there are plently of Virtual Railfan sites on the web with live action. Fort Madison is a...
  • S
    Spargone replied to the thread School Discipline.
    A young friend, just started in his new 'big' school, succumbed to peer pressure and carried out a bit of petty shoplifting, (chocolate...
  • S
    Birmingham's own radio from Stratton & Company, better known under its 'Eddystone' trade mark. My purchases were limited to die cast boxes!
    • eddy.jpg
  • S
    WE had bakelite tree light holders like that, before that coloured ceramic ones. I hope that square lamp shade isn't just being held up...
  • S
    Spargone reacted to mw0njm.'s post in the thread Christmas decorations before health and safety with Appreciate Appreciate.
    ot i know but it was done by people. Radio together with the electric iron were the first electric items to enter the home and all were...
  • S
    I take it you have never met those children that know 200 species of dinosaur? I used to spend hours pouring over a good illustration!
  • S
    I think they are all dancing! More importantly, why has the distant signal got the wrong colours (it should be white with a black...
  • S
    I don't think we ever put working candles on a tree, we always used strings of lights. I'm pretty certain that at least on had ceramic...
  • S
    My Reader's Digest Junior Omnibus reverses the polarity of D1 and omits C2. L1 consists of 60 turns of 30 swg enamelled wire on a toilet...
  • S
    Perhaps about 1960 my dad fetched out the parts for an old 'wireless' that he had built in 1937, the Scott-Taggart ST900. it had been...
    • st8900add.jpg