• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Solihull Chic

1. Solihull Chic

Cooper, Jack & Joan Cooper

Hiya Marieve ..... Thankyou so much for replying to the above! I know both Jack & Joan Cooper have both passed away! Believe Joan wrote a book of her memoirs! Of her life & career with Jack! Have very fond memories of my days dancing lessons with them & the many friends I had there! Remember...
  2. Solihull Chic

Alum Rock Road Shops

Hi Carolyn ... Really nice of you to reply will PM you a bit later! Best wishes M&C x
  3. Solihull Chic

Alum Rock Road Shops

Hi Chris, thanks for coming back to us on names of photo,s! Malcolm has been reeling of names etc all day! Bit later will sit down again with him, and list names etc he recalls! Just wanted to let you know we will post back! Asp regards M&C
  4. Solihull Chic

Alum Rock Road Shops

Hi Chris, ..... Thanks for this brilliant photo! .... Malcolm,s memory is coming back! So remembers you now! ( he was knocked of his bike when he was 11-12yrs by a bus and seems he was knocked out for a week or two! With a fractured skull, so takes him a time to recall something's!) .... He...
  5. Solihull Chic

Alum Rock Road Shops

Hi Carol, well what a small world! All I can say is thanks for looking after him with his cups of tea! ..... & hope you both enjoyed the Film you watched at cinema! ..... Yes Malcolm has some very happy memories of working at Corbetts! And says hi! To you! He,s not into the tech gadgets of...
  6. Solihull Chic

Alum Rock Road Shops

Hi Chris, both Malcolm and I are having a real good laugh over these tales! You wait till Stuart comes home from his cruise, when we greet him with Hello Loobyloo.....he Did Speed skating in his teens! He went into the building trade still is! George has been retired for a while now! I,ve...
  7. Solihull Chic

Alum Rock Road Shops

Hi Carol, He (Malcolm) says if your name was Caroline, & he took you to the cinema he says yes he remembers you! Lol!..... Small world! Regards M&C ps..... Also Malcolm says he remembers Caroline Taylor & two other girls one was Barbara Payne & taller girl but can,t remember her name! Stan...
  8. Solihull Chic

Alum Rock Road Shops

Hi Chris,,... My hubby is Malcolm of the Williams family Jackson rd! He remembers a Palmer family but thought they lived the other side of road & had a DIY shop?..... Malcolm does not do the tech stuff! But reads up on any interest I find or come up with! He did an apprenticeship with Henry...
  9. Solihull Chic

Alum Rock Road Shops

My husband & his Father & brothers use to have their haircuts at your Dads hairdressers! Mr Stafford, he remembers Marion & Susan & said what a really lovely family they were!
  10. Solihull Chic

Alum Rock Road Shops

The wall paper shop owner in Alum Rock as above was called Mr Walldren ( not sure if spelling) he lived in Jackson road Alum Rock! He also had children were Margaret, Gerald, Brian, .... My husband use to live in Jackson road & remembers the family & shop!
  11. Solihull Chic

Hunt Ann and Thomas

Thanks Mr Zippy, for getting back to me! I did realise, after reading the rest of this link! that your Ann was not my Ann Wage! Know what it's like to be on the wrong track, were this family research goes....So pleased that your finally been able to get on right track now! :smug:
  12. Solihull Chic

Keen John William 1855-1831

Hi Janice ..... Thanks for looking at this, this John & Emma Keen are a completely different couple! He was born in Bedminster & died in 1888 approx & this Emma went on to remarry & moved to Whales! ... My Emma Jeynes is living in Worcester with her first born baby Lily & her mother Matilda...
  13. Solihull Chic

Keen John William 1855-1831

Can anyone please help me with this brick wall I can,t get through in doing my family research on my Great Grandfather John William Keen, b approx 1855 in Gloucester Gloucestershire! (According to the 1891, 1901, 1911 census,s ) his occupation Marble polisher (stone mason) according to my...
  14. Solihull Chic

Cooper, Jack & Joan Cooper

Does anyone remember Jack & Joan Cooper who had a dance academy in Shirley road Acocks Green! Went there from approx 1954-1962 I remember a Carol & Jill Crackle & Margaret Green, lived in Acocks Green & Bobby & Sylvia Knight who lived in Greet very talented family! Jack & Joan moved to Conway...
  15. Solihull Chic

White Harry & John

Agreed Pollypops & thank you for your kind remarks & encouragement! ... Yes it's wonderful & amazing how someone else will give of their time & effort to help with this & very grateful to Shera! But as they say the Brums are very warmhearted & generous! Were from real good stock that looked out...
Back