• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by SolC

1. SolC

Bradford street

Hi Mike, Always so quick to reply! :D That's perfect, thank you so much! I've scrolled through soooo many photos today and I wish there were more photos of this part of Birmingham at this time - there's a wonderful one on here with the man walking his Tamworths to slaughter but other than that...
  2. SolC

Bradford street

Hello again, it's been a while.. I was wondering whether anyone had a full map of Bradford Street. I'm interested, firstly in where 111 Bradford Street was but also, what factories were on the street. I've just learned today of Henry Bradford who offered the land there to anyone willing to...
  3. SolC

Bradford street

Mikejee!! You are amazing!! thank you, thank you, thank you!! Happy, happy last day of 2018 and blessings for 2019 to you and yours!!
  4. SolC

Bradford street

Hi mikejee Me again! I was wondering whether you could help me out with another map. At first I thought I was looking for 22 Bradford Street, but now I understand I am looking for Court 22 on Bradford Street. I *think* it was behind 266 or 267 Bradford Street (this is from looking through...
  5. SolC

Pubs Of The Past

Thank you Mikejee!! :D
  6. SolC

Pubs Of The Past

Hi Mike I've only just seen this! This is awesome! Would you be able to point out 22 Bradford Street on a map like this at all? Thanks Solanche
  7. SolC

Pubs Of The Past

Wow! Thanks (again) so much for this Mike. This has definitely helped with my research!
  8. SolC

Pubs Of The Past

Hi Phil Thank you so much for this info! (I have so much love for this page.) How interesting that it listed Lilly as the licensee - I wonder why it closed? When you say it wasn't a fully licensed pub, what does this mean please? Would it have just been an off-licence? Or were they only...
  9. SolC

Pubs Of The Past

Makes one appreciate how lucky we are that it's so easy to do these things these days - especially as a woman!
  10. SolC

Bradford street

Hi Mike Thank you so much for you prompt response. This is exactly what I was looking for, so thank you What an amazing community you all are! :sun:
  11. SolC

Bradford street

Hi Mike, This is so interesting. I've been reading Census addresses as part of some family research and wondering what Court 3, 22 Bradford Road meant? It's so interesting to see where and how the courts fitted in with the address. Would you by any chance have the same type of map of the top...
  12. SolC

Pubs Of The Past

Hi Down Memory Lane Thank you so much for this. I have come across this before and I've emailed the owner of this website as for some reason, he hasn't listed the Freemans as the last landlords. (I have been told that when William Freeman (of Moseley) died in 1908, the pub company (Rushton's...
  13. SolC

Pubs Of The Past

Hello, Would anyone, by any chance, have any photos of The Woodsman Inn that used to be on Bradford Street until it closed in 1909? The last known licensees were ancestors of my husband (the Freemans) however, I can't seem to find out what happened to the pub or, indeed, where it was on...
Back