• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Smudger

1. Smudger

Scams: Telephone, email, texts, other 2021

Has anyone ever received a letter from AVIVA asking for personal details so that they can confirm that you`re the person they`re looking for. It all looks genuine but i think i`ll wait till Monday so i can phone & find out why they are looking for me. You never know, they may owe me some dosh...
  2. Smudger

CD/DVD External Drive

I always use a USB 3 pen/flash drive. Small yet versatile. I think dvd drives are on the way out?
  3. Smudger

Covid vaccination process

I had my 2nd AZ jab on Friday, 12 weeks after my first, no problems.
  4. Smudger

Never mind the date, what day is it.

The worrying thing is, if you have an accident & the paramedic says "do you know what day it is? " my reply would be be " do i know what day it is, i don`t even know what bloody year it is" !!
  5. Smudger

HRH Philip, Duke of Edinburgh

RIP. A man after my own heart, called a spade a spade ( & a few other things ) He should have held on a bit longer & he would have had a telegramme from the Queen.
  6. Smudger

Eddie Rothe of The Searchers

RIP Eddie Rothe, Drummer with the Searchers & partner of Jayne Mcdonald.
  7. Smudger

In The Garden 2021

Izzy, stand well back when it does open. I`ve seen this plant on Star Trek & it does funny things to humans !!:cold_sweat:
  8. Smudger

In The Garden 2021

Not sure if the pink flower is a polyanthus or primrose? I found several weeks back just lying on the pavement looking a bit sad, but it soon picked up.
  9. Smudger

In The Garden 2021

We`ve had only a millimetre of snow here in Trimdon, but by golly it`s cold. Daffs are hanging their heads, :worried:
  10. Smudger

It’s Frothblower’s birthday !

Happy birthday Frothy, have a good one.:grinning:.
  11. Smudger

OLD BIRMINGHAM PHOTOS FROM STEVEBHx

I had a Chrysler 180 auto. Not a bad car.
  12. Smudger

Good music to listen to on U Tube

I prefer this version by Dolly.