• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Smudger

1. Smudger

its mikejees birthday

Happy Birthday Mike, Enjoy your day.
  2. Smudger

its jayells birthday

Happy Birthday Judy, Enjoy your day.
  3. Smudger

Donations

Sent. Forum Worth every penny !
  4. Smudger

IN OUR GARDEN 2024

Richard, do those stamen stain? Lilies are notorious for that.
  5. Smudger

ITS TINPOTS BIRTHDAY

Happy birthday Brenda.
  6. Smudger

IN OUR GARDEN 2023

Pete, I bought two Blueberry bushes & two semi dwarf pear trees last year, don`t take up much room & hopefully will fruit this year. I also have two apple trees one full size & a good cropper, the other one is semi dwarf & a small cropper. Three cherry trees, two full size & trained along a...
  7. Smudger

IN OUR GARDEN 2023

The Sparrowhawk strikes again. I have now lost five small birds to the hawk & two to seemingly natural causes. The hawk seems to have found a plentiful food supply & sadly will keep coming back. How does one prevent this from happening again.:(
  8. Smudger

IN OUR GARDEN 2023

Gorgeous as usual Dave.
  9. Smudger

If you could live anywhere in Birmingham, where would it be?

Erdington near Brookvale park. Practically lived in that park, mostly good times with a few really scary times !
  10. Smudger

GET WELL SOON ERIC....(cookie273uk)

All the best mate, speedy recovery
  11. Smudger

computer help

Thanks Mort, It will be just data. I do have a usb backing up my file history, so will i be able to use that to transfer the files to the new pc ? I wish IT was as simple as cabinet making !
  12. Smudger

computer help

Pete, the ssd in my old pc is 120gb, whereas my new pc is 512 gb, so not much point in swapping. I`ve been looking at EaseUS for data transfer, has anyone used that ?
  13. Smudger

computer help

I am getting a new pc, should be arriving tomorrow. Any ( simple ) help in transferring all data from the old pc to the new one is appreciated. Preferably by cable or usb for someone with limited it knowledge.
  14. Smudger

MERRY CHRISTMAS BHF 2022

A merry Christmas to everyone. Today is the shortest day so from tomorrow a little more light will be shining on this world, so let`s hope for a little more happiness too. Don`t forget to feed & water our feathered friends.
Back