• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Smudger

1. Smudger

Salford bridge

Or Austin 1100?
  2. Smudger

Cork Tip Cigarettes

There`s one thing worse than a smoker.. an ex smoker who brags about how easy it is to give up the habit. I found it really hard & tried many times & many ways to give up, i tried a pipe, cigars, herbal baccy roll ups & i think it has to be sheer willpower in the end. I haven`t smoked now for...
  3. Smudger

Autumn in the Garden

Lost a beautiful Greenfinch today. Hit the window with some force & died instantly. Wife made a cardboard coffin for it & buried it in the garden. So sad to see anything die ( except flies & mosquitos )
  4. Smudger

In the garden?

I seem to have missed the fact that `In the garden 2020` is not open for further replies?
  5. Smudger

Telephone scams 2020

Another seemingly new scam. Recorded message allegedly from Talktalk, I will lose my internet service in 24 hours because i have prohibited items on my computer. Shiver me timbers what will they think of next !
  6. Smudger

CLOTHES AND SHOES OF YESTERYEAR

Can`t afford the ripped ones, they`re classed as trendy !
  7. Smudger

CLOTHES AND SHOES OF YESTERYEAR

I wear jeans most of the time. Necessary when gardening/Diy/ or walking my westie over the fields. Stretch fabric of course !
  8. Smudger

Dog thefts.

Breeding from dogs requires some effort albeit not a lot. Far easier for these turds to take a dog & it`s very easy to sell them for considerable amounts of money. I paid £900 for my westie & some breeds can sell for much more than that. Beats working for a living !!:mad:
  9. Smudger

Dog thefts.

Dog thefts are on the rise. BBC news reports that dog thefts are on the rise. There have been 6 dogs stolen in my village. My Westie likes to sit at the front gate & watch the world go by. He`s reasonably safe as i have a bicycle lock on the drive gates, but i suppose he`s small enough to be...
  10. Smudger

Good music to listen to on U Tube

I think it was me. I`m always admiring myself in the mirror. I can`t pass a shop window without thinking how great i look, & then i comb my hair, all 5 strands neatly into place.
  11. Smudger

Puritans all over the world hated the way Elvis moved & sang but i love it. Keep on shakin !
  12. Smudger

What do you watch on tv nowadays ?

I recently watched part of episode one of `The Duchess` on Netflix & it was appalling. You expect the odd f word on tv these days but this programme took swearing to a new level. Loads of f words plus a few c & t words thrown in. Why? This show was written by a woman, Katherine Ryan. Whatever...
  13. Smudger

Pavarotti, a wannabe goalkeeper who realised he was better at singing.
  14. Smudger

In the Garden 2020

Not much going on in the garden lately. Roses & pansies still flowering, plenty of birds to keep us amused, planted all my bulbs, if anyone likes fragrant tulips you must try "Angelique" a late flowering tulip with a gorgeous scent.
  15. Smudger

Another soppy song ( but i like it :blush: )