• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by smithy7728

1. S

Monyhull Hall Hospital Resident

Hi Jenny Thanks for the help, I've just left a message with the records section at Moseley Hall Hospital, let's see how that goes! Thanks Alex
  2. S

Hi there My Dad was born in 1952, and yes you're right she could be Lily Elizabeth Ward! I might try looking at those variations on Ancestry as well. Thanks for the help so far though. Alex
  3. S

Hi Lynn Yes I think you are right, this is certainly the lady. However without knowing her age or DOB it's hard to pin down which Lilian B Ward it is. Thanks Alex
  4. S

Hi Lyn Thanks for looking for me - I do know she was single as Ward was her maiden name but no idea how old she was. I was hoping the Monyhull records would give me a clue, in order to trace the family back a bit via Ancestry. No record of the father on my fathers true birth certificate...
  5. S

Hi Lynn Thanks, I do know her name, Lilian Betty Ward, but looking on Ancestry there are a couple of potential candidates called 'Lilian B Ward' but I would be guessing as to which one is the right one. I was hoping that if there are records of patients, they might have her birth date or even...
  6. S

Thanks to all of you - I'll keep looking!
  7. S

Hello All My biological grandmother was resident in the Monyhull Hall Hospital during the 1950s, and gave birth to my father while she was there. She then gave my father away for adoption to my adopted Grandparents. That is pretty much all I know about her, apart from her name. Would anybody...
Back