• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Slowjet

1. S

THE NOOK PUB BIRMINGHAM

Is anyone willing to give me their email so i can forward this photo?
  2. S

THE NOOK PUB BIRMINGHAM

that funny because I found a picture and it says The Nook Pub and Nook Brewhouse. It looks like James Price was the brewer? I tried to attach this photo but I’m useless and says it too large. When I looked up James Price in the Kelly book it lists the Nook. I believe page 93?
  3. S

THE NOOK PUB BIRMINGHAM

I believe my great uncle, Edward Emanuel may have owned it?
  4. S

THE NOOK PUB BIRMINGHAM

The Kelly’s directory I am looking at isnt a specific year but I believe it starts with 1908. I found the road on page 93 but nothing further
  5. S

THE NOOK PUB BIRMINGHAM

I found a name that may have been connected. I searched up in Kelly’s directory an address she thought it was and I believe there was a James Price that may have been the govenor there. And in that directory it list The Nook on Court Oak Road, Harborne if that helps
  6. S

THE NOOK PUB BIRMINGHAM

Possibly Court Oak Road, Harborne?
  7. S

THE NOOK PUB BIRMINGHAM

I’m just wondering if any one has any information or pictures on a pub that was called the Nook back in the 40’s. My mother was an English war bride and her and her sister spent some time in Birmingham during 1943 and 1944 and had many fond memories. She’s in her late 90’s and I would like to...
Back