• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by skylark

1. S

1921 Census look-up please...

Bingo!!! Thank you again Janice & Lyn, it worked!! Really appreciate the help from you both. Best Regards. Skylark.
  2. S

Hello Janice - I do have the old password but they now request that a password should contain numbers/ a capital letter etc etc. So the old password will not be accepted ( I think this was one of the reasons I chose to move to Ancestry). Skylark.
  3. S

Me again - no luck with FMP - I tried to register but was "told" that my email address was already registered (of course it was due to me having a subscription many years ago) - any ideas as to how I can progress any further to access the free search?? Regards. Skylark.
  4. S

Thank you Lyn, I will give that a go - the year of birth is out by 8 years but she was known to lie about her name.. so why not her age :) ?? I appreciate your help. Skylark.
  5. S

I wonder if someone would be kind enough to do a search for JANE HALE on the 1921 census please?? She was born in West Bromwich but was living in B'ham - Her age should be 67 years 3 months...
  6. S

St Matthias Birmingham : Marriage Lookup PLEASE...

oops! Could have been worse-I might have thanked M&S !! My sincere thanks to you BOTH for your help. Happy Christmas. Skylark.
  7. S

Thanks for looking Janice. Lily was B'ham girl through & through, so not sure that she would have gone "orf" to London. Maybe I should be looking for a death for Lily Ashford...more midnight oil burning... Skylark.
  8. S

Hello Janice: Parents were Ann Maria Ellen Ward/ Ashford/Swain and Wm Ashford. On the 1911 census, Annie Swain ( widow) 49: Lily Ashford, 14, Learner of Shroud Making: Both living in Greenway Street, Small Heath. Electoral Rolls 1920/25 show Annie still in Greenway Street, she died in 1927...
  9. S

Ah! Thank you for naming her mother as Clara Chatwin - confirmation that this is not the Lily Ashford I am researching. Back to the drawing board ! Many Thanks for your help. Skylark.
  10. S

Many thanks for this info - I really appreciate you taking the time to help me. I will double check all the info I have about Lily Annie - the name given for her Father is correct - but - he was a wire drawer not greengrocer !! Who said family research was easy ? (Not Me). Have a nice Christmas...
  11. S

Seasonal Greetings: Does anyone have any access to St Matthias Church Marriage records? If so - I would be really grateful if they could look up a Sept Qtr1920 marriage between: Lily A Ashford and George Henry Howard. This info might be the answer to a long standing family mystery. Many Thanks...
  12. S

Church of the Saviour Edward Street Ladywood

Thank you once again, Elaine, for this extra info on the Church - I will certainly be looking on Wikipedia . Your help is appreciated. Skylark.
  13. S

Church of the Saviour Edward Street Ladywood

Thank You, Elaine, for posting this image of the Church - what an interesting building - was it still in use as a Church when it was demolished ? Someone on this brilliant site will know !!! Thank you again, I appreciate it very much. Skylark.
  14. S

Help With A Ww1 Mystery Please...

I do have the info from the National Roll , the only thing that is missing are his attestation papers ...hey ho... one day Lyn, I might be lucky. Many Thanks.
  15. S

Help With A Ww1 Mystery Please...

Hello Lyn, Yes the family were indeed living in Moseley Street. I do have a copy of his medal card. I also have info from the absent voters list. Regards, Margaret.
Back