• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Sian

1. Sian

Ilmington School, Weoley Castle

Hi Jennyann Many thanks for the link to the photograph which brought some memories from long ago. Best wishes Sian
  2. Sian

Hi Very interesting thread but no photograph. Thank you for your help. Best wishes Sian
  3. Sian

Hello Does anyone have a photograph of the old Ilmington Girls School, Weoley Castle please or tell me of a where I might find one? Many thanks Sian
  4. Sian

St Thomas In The Moors Church Balsall Heath

Thank you Phil ~ this is such a brilliant forum ~ I find you all so helpful. Many thanks again. Best wishes Sian
  5. Sian

Good morning Phil not a very nice one in Birmingham but we cant complain we have had some beautiful days lately. Phil could you tell me if Yardley Parish Church is the one in the middle of your post please. I am very grateful to you for finding these photographs for me. Best wishes Sian
  6. Sian

Hi everyone Sorry for the delay in responding I have been watching the Memorial ceremony at the Albert Hall. Thank you all for your comments and Phil for the photographs. Yes I feel I must do some further research, however, the dates that the churches were built narrows the field somewhat...
  7. Sian

Hello Shortie It was a marriage that took place there in 1847 but the information only says St Thomas, Birmingham. I dont really know if it is the church in Balsall Heath I am just guessing, their home addresses tend to be in Aston. I may have to send for the certificate and hope there is more...
  8. Sian

Hello I have searched through the forum before posting a new thread ~ my query was to ask if anyone knew of a St Thomas Church other than the one in Bath Row. I found one on the forum in Balsall Heath and I think that may be the one I;m looking for. There was an attached thumbnail of a...
  9. Sian

Ladywood

Hi Carol Internet Exployer cant display the web page at the moment but I will keep trying thanks a lot Carol, cant think of a better way to spend a wet Sunday eve lol. Best wishes Sian
  10. Sian

Ladywood

Ok Carol it was just a thought, I will have a look on the old ladywood site though thanks for that. Best wishes Sian
  11. Sian

Ladywood

Hello Carol Your photographs take me for a walk down memory lane, do you know if there are any photographs of the Maisonettes in Great Tindal Street where I lived in the 1960's please? Best wishes Sian
  12. Sian

Ladywood

Thank you Maurice I shall enjoy reading through it. This is such a great forum, many thanks once again. Best wishes Sian
  13. Sian

Ladywood

Hi Maurice Thank you very much indeed you are most helpful ~ it is a lovely photo of an old church, shame so many have been demolished. The other church I have an interest in is St John's in Ladywood ~ if I look on this brilliant forum I expect I will soon find a photograph. Best wishes to you...
  14. Sian

Ladywood

Hello helpers I wonder if anyone knows which church would be in or near Steward Street, Ladywood in the 1920-1940 Kind regards Sian
  15. Sian

Ww1 Army Attestation Records

Hi Master Brummie I have 2 marriage certificates and his death certificate and they all give different ages with a variance of 3 years between them. Three years is not very much so I do always make sure I cover those years with a + or -. Thank you for replying it is always encourage to know...
Back