• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by sheronb

1. sheronb

Birmingham then and in 2008

Great photos!! The yellow and bluebuses take me back!!
  2. sheronb

Buried/cremated where?

Birmingham Central Library holds the burial records,that would be the place to start.
  3. sheronb

The Swan, Bell Barn Road

Oh ok, was getting confused!!:)Thanks!
  4. sheronb

The Swan, Bell Barn Road

Hi Sheri, it's still there, B15, just off Bristol St, and Lee Bank Middleway, they knocked all the slums down in the late 60s, my nan lived in one of the new maisonettes on Rickman Drive, just off that St, now all that has gone, and new developments are there, though haven't seen them yet.
  5. sheronb

The Swan, Bell Barn Road

Thanks Phil, those are great!
  6. sheronb

The Swan, Bell Barn Road

I will, be interested to see some myself, my family lived at "Rose Cottages";) I'm sure it was!!:)
  7. sheronb

The Swan, Bell Barn Road

Yes it is, my lot were there after 1912. Never mind.:)
  8. sheronb

The Swan, Bell Barn Road

Hi Mike, my family the Lardens lived in Bell Barn Rd, for many years, which families are you researching?
  9. sheronb

Charles Birbeck

:)Well it's not actually me related to them, I'm related to Jane Sophia Sparks, her mother was Jane Sophia Larden, but I guess we share some relations! :)
  10. sheronb

Charles Birbeck

Hi Jules, I have a Jane Sophia Sparks in my tree, she married a Robert Joseph Birbeck 1852c - 1919, they had a son, another Robert born 1879 - 1906 and a daughter Annie born 1885c. Same family??
  11. sheronb

GERMAN/ITALIAN POWs IN BIRMINGHAM

This is very interesting, my nans family, whose father was Italian were in touch with some of the POWs, my unlce has a photo and a postcard, sent from Italy to one of them, after the war had ened.
  12. sheronb

Life in Birmingham 1775 ?

Thanks Judy, that's an interesting site, I've shown it to other ppl interested in birmingham.
  13. sheronb

Banbury street

Do you mean the Italian Quarter? The church was St Michaels Roman Catholic,there was a Banbury Sq, my family lived there until the 1930s, not sure if there was a Banbury St.
  14. sheronb

St Mary Whittall Street Look Ups

These seem to be missing at Birmingham Library, the one reel, says up to 1856, but stops at 1836! Does anyone know if the Archives has these PRs??
  15. sheronb

Church close to Howard Place, King St,Aston?

Thanks for looking for me.:)
Back