• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by sheri

1. S

St Andrews Church Bordesley Green

My grandparents were married in St. Andrews in 1911 Sheri
  2. S

Cadbury's Bournville Factory

Re: re Cadbury's Thank you Brian - I remember Mr & Mrs Nicholls and Mr and Mrs Bunce well as neighbours to my Nan at 73. Your wife would only be 2/3 houses up - I don't remember ever playing with other children when I went there - maybe she is much younger than me. Sheri
  3. S

Pines Express 1950's

I remember travelling from B'ham to Bournemouth (don't know if it went to Poole then) at Christmas 1960 with my 18 month old daughter - she got filthy - it was for Christmas with my parents but we never went back to Brum to live.
  4. S

Newspapers : From Birmingham Post 150 years ago

Sounds familiar Mike.
  5. S

Foster Ada

Lets hope they can find some family to properly inter them. Sheri
  6. S

Watery Lane

My mothers family on both sides lived there for many years - she moved away I think in 1931 when her mother died. I have suspicions that some of the men were involved with the gangs as I have been told they were a bit 'rough'. So this programme is of particular interest. Sheri
  7. S

Hayward Thomas

Arn't you all kind thank you so much - I did look to see if Charlotte died but couldn't find it - I had thought Honoria was a 2nd marriage. Than ties up my early Hayward family nicely as far as I can go without certificates (unless further info comes to light). I've spent weeks looking for...
  8. S

The spelling of surnames

I have the same with Hayward - can be anything from Heard to Haywood. Sheri
  9. S

Hayward Thomas

I'm looking for any information about Thomas Hayward c. ? 1801 - he married Charlotte Ratheram in June 1821 at St. Martins. Their children were Charlotte c. April 1822 - Thomas c. March 1824 - Charles C. Nov. 1825 - William c. 1827. I have FMP and I can't find any trace of this family except I...
  10. S

William Hayward - japanner

Thank you Mike for the map - now I know roughly where he was - my interest is becuse he employed so many women I think my gt. aunts worked for him - connected by marriage - which I can't find yet!!
  11. S

Mike, thank you so much for the information - it was what I wanted. One more question I can't really tell if Camden St was near the center of B'ham or not - I had a feeling it was near Snow Hill?? I don't know how you found this thread because it hasn't come up in the Trades must have done...
  12. S

In 1881 William Hayward was a japanner/french polisher employing 10 men and 26 women - his work shops were from 16 to 22 Camden St. He lived at Sutton Coldfield - I have the info there until 1911. I was wondering if anybody can find anything on his business - and where is/was Camden St. Thank...
  13. S

who do you think you are

New programmes start tonight - one of favourite. Sheri
  14. S

Church St.

Hi horsencart - I did suspect this family were an old Birmingham family and well established but because of all the different ways of spelling the name it makes it difficult to tie them together which I would love to do. Thank you for your help. Sheri
  15. S

They Were Caught In Our Old Street Pics...

I also had an outfit with leggings - have a photo of it - don't know the colour. This is a very interesting thread. Sheri
Back