• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Shellywoos

1. Shellywoos

Suicide of Gt Gt Grandfather

Wow....that was very close looking at the street on Google. Xx
  2. Shellywoos

Thank you I shall certainly give that a try first....fingers crossed xx
  3. Shellywoos

Thank you everyone (sorry for delay my Mothers birthday on same day as Easter Sunday...very busy ha ha) I had a Google on the street :0( house looks very sad compared to the others... I shall have to look in my photos as I am sure I have my great Nan with my Granddad as a wee baby in front of a...
  4. Shellywoos

Pjmburns it is a shock even though you don't know them personally it's still sad to think that they were that desperate. I think I have attached the image correctly....it will be great if someone does find whether and where he was buried just so we can lay flowers xx
  5. Shellywoos

Hi all There was a family story passed down that my Gt Gt Grandfather had hung himself. ....so after many hours/weeks (felt like years) I managed to find out when he died. He commited suicide on 13th April 1913, and hadn't hung himself but infact has slit his throat with a razor. (I was so...
  6. Shellywoos

Parkinson Stoves & Blowlamps, Stetchford.

Hi all I am not sure if I originally posted these photos in the right place as I noticed there is a thread about Parkinson Cowen but wanted to share these photos as someone may recognise a relative on them. Also I love them because they show the overalls style and colour or whatever the...
  7. Shellywoos

Found another photograph of my Nans retirement from Parkinson Cowrn. I have tried to enhance the photo a bit to make the other faces clearer. Someone may spot a relative in there.
  8. Shellywoos

Saltley Road 1926

Hi ya I never thought about it being abbreviated for Congregational. This picture was from a photography shop when they got married do I am inclined to assume the photo was spare as it has been used as cardboard to keep the photo in place as I don't recognise anyone on the photograph.
  9. Shellywoos

Saltley Road 1926

Hi all I was sticking the back down on my Nan and Granddads wedding photograph, when I noticed a piece of card and removing it to my surprise discovered this photograph of some type of female gym group from Saltley Road dated 1926. It look like it says Gong Gym? I thought it would be great to share.
  10. Shellywoos

This photo I have of my Nan, May Upton showing her last day at Parkinson Cowen when she retired. It must be around 1975..ish.
  11. Shellywoos

Book: Summer Lane & Newtown of the years 1918-38 by Mannion

Hi Lyn Thank you. ...yes that will be brilliant. X
  12. Shellywoos

Book: Summer Lane & Newtown of the years 1918-38 by Mannion

Aww that will be fab if ever you are there to have a look. I think it mentioned Frank Westbury, my Nans Uncle. Michelle
Back