• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Shelagh

1. S

Staniforth Street Old Wall

hi lyn and Janice thanks for the interest ,I am still looking Shelagh
  2. S

The entrance is on Staniforth street. As you come from bagot street it's on the left, opposite the council car park. It's an archway into the unite student accommodation car park. When you enter the arch, there is a path leading to the left and the wall runs alongside the path. Shelagh
  3. S

Here is the image I have taken.
  4. S

I am not sure if I am in the correct place, I haven't been on for a long while and the site has changed so much. we took our granddaughter to the Unite student flats at no 30 Staniforth st .Inside the ground there is a thick wall, obviously very old it seems to run the length of the flats and is...
  5. S

Bradley,John & co ltd

Hi Angela and David Thanks to both for info, loved the photo's. I came across a tree Yesterday with info back to around 1500, I followed it through wondering if there was a connection and was surprised to see John Bradley with Ann Rhodes only problem is I don't know what I was looking at when I...
  6. S

Bradley,John & co ltd

hi David, I am a descendant of Daniel Bradley from Harteshorn Derbyshire .My great great grandfather was John Bradley,then great grandfather john bradley I am unsure now if My JB 's death date is 1941 as you JB was same death date,can you throw any light on this Regards Shelagh
  7. S

Bradley,John & co ltd

Hi Angela,sorry to take so long to reply,only just got the message,you are in my tree ,with little info. I am a cousin of Janet Thomas,though we have never met , I think I contacted you on ancestry or you contacted me. I have seen a message from a David Bradley ,is he one of the Grandsons? My...
  8. S

Watery lane canal

Thanks to the three of you for your info ,much appreciated,off with the map and photo to have a look. thanks again. Shelagh
  9. S

Watery lane canal

Hi, Hope someone maybe able to help me ,I received the inquest report on my grand mother from 1954 last week .She committed suicide by drowning in the canal at Bolton street with watery lane. There was a cafe in front of canal and they gave the alarm and helped recover her.the cafe was called...
  10. S

Yardley cemetery

Thanks Lindyloo, I went cemetery Yesterday and found the grave but as yet don't think its the right Bradley's but I did find my great Grandmother and great uncle by Marriage so all was not lost thanks for your help Regards,Shelagh
  11. S

Yardley cemetery

Hi Lindyloo, I am researching many Bradley's and saw you post to JamieB,I think that it would be too much of a coincidence for the grave you mentioned 23696 to be any of them but I would like to go and check,could you tell me what section it was on .That would be a real turn up,but I won't count...
  12. S

The Acorn,Garrison lane area

Thanks for the photo ,Phil,not been on for a while ,is the other street ,Barford street? it's all so very different and so hard to recognise places.Went to look for where I thought it had once stood and found new apartments where Barford street was,walked through and found back end of Barford...
  13. S

BSA Bikes Birmingham

hi Snowball I too had a bike,my pride and joy,It was a rusty 3 wheeler with the Quadrant shaped box on the back,I used to take it to the corner of Armoury road to meet my Dad when he came out of work. One night about 6.00pm in the winter my friend and I decided to go down the hill toward the...
  14. S

BSA Factory 1940s Onwards

Hi Lindyloo, That's great,have copied it to my photo's and can enlarge it,coincidently my cousin in Ireland had a visit from a long lost school friend and he had a photo of his dad from 1914, at the monastry school, where everyone who lived in tramore went(boys) and miracles, my dad was on it...
  15. S

BSA Factory 1940s Onwards

Thats Fabulous,thank you so much,will look forward to hearing from you again Shelagh :thumbsup:
Back