• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Sheilr

1. S

Co-op high st bham

hi love worked in basement , remember those people. Also Susan bauser, Maureen balding, carol Heath. Mrs Christopher, Rene saterthwaite, Betty heaps. Can see more faces but can't put names to them .
  2. S

Frankfort street, Hockley

Thanks peter your right my aunt and uncle, barbara, shirley and linda certainly did live in the house on the left that was 1/32 so if you lived on the right you must have been at the back of the cusaks. I have messaged linda with the info, see if it jogs her memory. Regards sheilr
  3. S

Where did you live

I also born Dudley Road hospital, 1940 lived frankforg street hockley, then browning street till 1953, moved to acocks green greenwood avenue, now living in Rugeley staffs
  4. S

Hi peter just spoken to my cousin linda she says it is not her your remembering, never been a helen shpero fan. Must be another linda from the area. But thanks for reply.
  5. S

tower ball room

I used to go dancing at the towe, in the late 50s & 60s i remember one of the bands was the the cliff deeley. Band my cousin was one of the singers. Many happy times there.
  6. S

Hi peter, Linda is my cousin, let me have your surname and i will ask her if she remembers you. regards sheila
  7. S

Hi dont remember too much about frankfort street, i was born in dudley road, and we lived at 1/32 frankfort street but moved about a year later. When my aunt and uncle moved in they were named Salmon, had daughter Barbara, and shirley, Barbera died i think sbout 1947. Another daughter linda...
  8. S

Down the old end

Another expression i rember was fur coat and no knickers. As well as kippers and curtains.
  9. S

Down the old end

Also remember aston refered to as the gillygardens, no idea why
Back