• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by sheiljoy

1. S

Skinner Lane

John my email is [email protected] will leave it on for 24hours plus I am on Facebook if you are under Sheila Clarke (Foulkes)
  2. S

Skinner Lane

Yes would love to meet up It has been ages since i have been on here just trying to see how to send you my details
  3. S

Skinner Lane

Hi John, I think our Raymond is sat behind you on the table, it was good to hear from you . We are well here, hope you are too and Margaret. Send her my love. Living in Tamworth now and so is my sister Val.
  4. S

Skinner Lane

Hi John and Maggie, remember you both so well and was good to hear from you on here. Hope you are still on here now to get my reply
  5. S

Lucas Great King Street memories

What a lovely surprise to see my Mom in this photo you shared, she is behind the Gent on the right her name was Rene Foulkes
  6. S

Skinner Lane

This is a photo of the Coronation Party in June 1953 this was held in the Dean Street youth club and the people attending are from Skinner Lane and Skinner Street. Let me know if you spot any family. Dean Street youth club was at the bottom end of Skinner Lane (opposite end to the shop)
  7. S

Skinner Lane

Hi Margie, just spotted yours and Johns message hope you are well and I remember your Mom and Dad so fondly, your Mom used to keep an eye out on the back gate for us when my Mom and Dad were out bless her. I'm living in Tamworth now but its so good to hear from you both xx
  8. S

Skinner Lane

Hi John, Sorry it has taken me so long to reply I had forgotten my password but all sorted now. It's great to hear from you I remember you all, your Mom and Dad were such a lovely couple, your dad got Ray into the the slaughter house part time. That chicken caused such a ruction when I bought it...
  9. S

Auxiliary Fire Service

Great photo thank you for sharing with us
  10. S

Skinner Lane

Hi Clive, Neighbours certainly did look out for each other then and they all kept the streets clean and tidy. We also moved out in 1966 so they could knock them all down and re build the Wholesale Markets. The Wholesale Markets have now moved again and been knocked down. Sometimes I don't think...
  11. S

Skinner Lane

Hi Clive, I am Sheila Foulkes, the daughter of the shop owners at 50 Skinner Lane. I remember Mrs. Harris very fondly, a lovely lady and the other families in Skinner Street. They were very happy days there, with great neighbours and friends. It was lovely to hear someone remember the shop and...
  12. S

Crimes : Birmingham murders

Hi Pom, do you know if that policeman is still alive, I have very fond memories of him from when he was on the beat where I lived in Skinner Lane. He always made sure I got home safe and sound whenever he saw me, no wonder after what he had witnessed. Such a lovely man
  13. S

P.c. Albert Moore Beat Bobby 1960s Hurst Street And Town Etc

Has anyone knowledge of a Police Constable Albert Moore, he was a beat bobby around where I lived. I think he was either at Edgbaston Police Station or Digbeth Police Station. He walked me home safe many a night and looked after me when I queued for my Beatles tickets in the early hours of the...
  14. S

Skinner Lane

Your welcome, if I find any more photos of help I will add onto here, it was just strange to see a photo I had taken put on here but I do know my sister left a copy at the Hurst Street properties that were done up
  15. S

Skinner Lane

This is a photo of my brother Raymond Foulkes Jill, the shop is where we lived on 50 Skinner Lane, the courtyards were up the sides of where the shop was and opposite was (on the right) where the cars are is the start of Skinner Street. We had a Mrs Harris live up the courtyard in 1950's, a...
Back