• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Sheila

1. S

Old street pics..

Absolute fantastic pictures Lyn. thank you very much Sheila
  2. S

Gaskell and Chambers

Hi! Wally my stepfather worked at the Dale End G & C until the late 60's. in the degreasing shop I think... His name was William Neal (Bill or Billy) he was known as
  3. S

Watery Lane

Does anyone remember the pig sty's in Watery Lane almost by Coventry Road..i used to go there in the mornings to do the pig swill before I went to school..can't remember how much the man used to give me though
  4. S

Watery Lane

Hi! GG Jean thank you for the welcome..no im sorry I did not know the Gibbon family..i was only there for a few years from the age of 7 till I was 13 then was sent to live with my Gran because of hard times..but I still enjoy the memories of Watery Lane.sorry if I've repeated this but not sure...
  5. S

Watery Lane

Great pic of the Barrel I remember well thank you for that
  6. S

Watery Lane

I remember Mr and Mrs Gaunt very well..my mom always used to send me into the shop for strap..i lived next door to the shop
  7. S

Watery Lane

There was a Green grocers shop a couple of doors away from me in Watery Lane on the corner opposite the Barrel pub
  8. S

Watery Lane

Our name was O'Dell
  9. S

Watery Lane

I live right next door to Mrs Gaunt's shop My brother and me used to sit on the shop step..and we people would call us the Bisto Kids
  10. S

Watery Lane

I lived in Watery Lane in a back to back house and there was a factory at the top of our yard. wonder if anyone remembers it
  11. S

Watery Lane

Would love to see a photo of Watery and the Barrel puba lot of nice memories there
  12. S

Watery Lane

My Grandfather used to use the Barrel Pub in Watery Lane.. it was still there in the 1950's
  13. S

Watery Lane

I lived in Watery Lane Small Heath in the early 50's I am 71years old now..only lived there or a few years..but my memories of Watery Lane were lovely
  14. S

Bowens

Yes its true according to the Mail
  15. S

Internet router - What do you do?

I turn mine off every night..it does'nt do it any harm
Back