• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Scrumper

1. Scrumper

Auxiliary Fire Service

That's my uncle, I wish I could find out more about him.
  2. Scrumper

Birmingham on Sea

New Dolphin Square Sailing
  3. Scrumper

Birmingham on Sea

4. Scrumper

Windows 10

Windows 10, I like it! My laptop came with 6GB memory, but Windows 7 32 bit limited it to 3.5GB. Now with Windows 10 I have 5.5GB memory and I've installed Chrome 64 bit beta, so much faster browsing.
  5. Scrumper

Bomb damage photos of WW2

Do you know the house numbers here? My uncle died after a bomb in 275 Cateswell Road.
  6. Scrumper

Mainwaring William

Actually FamilySearch is wrong as well, the record you found is on Sub-District 8, FamilySearch says it's Sub-District 4. I looked through the whole of Sub-District 4 on Ancestry! There seems to be a lot of transcription errors on Ancestry.
  7. Scrumper

Mainwaring William

Re: William Mainwaring Wow, thanks. How did you do that?
  8. Scrumper

Mainwaring William

Hi, FamilySearch shows my gt gt grandad in 1861, but I can't find the record on Ancestry.co.uk to find the others on the census :disgust: Name: Wm Mainwaring Event Type: Census Event Date: 1861 Gender: Male Age: 25 Relationship to Head of Household: Head Birthplace...
  9. Scrumper

Birmingham on Sea

If you zoom in on the picture you can see someone stood in front of the new grey/white building. I wonder what's in it? Edit: It's a temporary boathouse according to Wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birnbeck_Pier
  10. Scrumper

Birmingham on Sea

Taken yesterday. Weird.
  11. Scrumper

Birmingham on Sea

Last Sunday Log flume (instead of wheel) and new Premier Inn (Part of new Dolphin Square development) Tutto Restaurant From a distance :pride: The Market now empty :blue:
  12. Scrumper

Birmingham on Sea

Not sure if this will work, this is a panoramic picture I made from 7 photos. On the right they're finishing off the demolishion of Sands nightclub, on the left is the sea (not very often you see it!).
  13. Scrumper

Firefighters Medal

Interesting, William Hair Haseler (1822-1909) was my gt gt grandfather, a jeweler he would have been 85 in 1907.
  14. Scrumper

Griffiths Arthur b1860

Re: Arthur Griffiths b1860 I found it by looking through the wills at the library. Oct-Nov-Dec 1948 Age 88 Barrow Upon Soar, Leicestershire, 7a, 425 Still can't find his birth :010:
  15. Scrumper

Griffiths Arthur b1860

I'm searching for any descendants of Arthur Griffiths a Brass Caster married Ada Florence Mainwaring in 1883. I can't find his death in FreeBMD or Ancestry, but the last record of him is I've found is in 1939 living at 163 Warwick Road, Sparkhill. His children were Ada Florence (1883 married...
Back