• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by scrump

1. S

Archer family - Bordesley Green/Small Heath area

Another Archer request. Would anyone know of a couple of brothers, Norman &Dennis? lived at Slade Road, Erdington just after the war, then moved to Aston and then Hollywood.
  2. S

Garrison Lane Pubs

Can someone remember the name of the pub bottom of Kingston Road ? I think it might have been an Irish boozer. Long gone, but had many pre match drinks there.
  3. S

National Service

Thanks for your reply baz, what was your actual job in the R A?
  4. S

Police Service Records

Does anyone know if there are records of people who have served in the Birmingham Police force ? I had an uncle who I believed was in the force and wanted to find out a little more about him. Quite a long time ago I must admit, but if anybody out there has any information of how I can find...
  5. S

National Service

You old git:)
  6. S

National Service

Hi all, As this is my first post I may as well start off by saying how surprised I am by being one of the err younger N/S men on this forum. I did my two years from 1956 - 58 in the Royal Artillery.
Back