• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by saroon

1. S

Cherrywood Road, Bordesley Green

Oh how amazing the name changed to the Tipsy Gent and it has been closed and boarded up which is a shame for many years now opposite Ronald Road just off Cherrywood Road.
  2. S

Adderley & Cherrywood Schools

Hi Sue yes in the 60’s it was a boys school and later a Technical college but so where in the 70’s it changed to Arden mixed comprehensive school for both sexes and the lower school was on Cobham Rd for secondary years 11 to 13 then the upper school for the 4th and 5th years. It was great times...
  3. S

Hovis=Premier Foods, Garretts Green to close

Fantastic you were ahead of myself I was a Production Manager at Garretts Green bakery RHM from 1995 to 2009 do you remember Doug Fry and Christine Wightman
  4. S

Hovis=Premier Foods, Garretts Green to close

Was our bakery great people
  5. S

Hardings Royal Steam bakery

That was my factory from 1995 to 2009 before I took my redundancy I was a Production Manager great people and great managers
  6. S

Wimbush Factory Little Green Lane.

Yes went past the factories where the Morrison’s is now with the trucks waiting to leave their sheds I went on to be a Production Manager at Birmingham Bakery Garretts Green
  7. S

Adderley & Cherrywood Schools

We went to Arden in 1980 and it closed a couple of years later Arden lower School in Cobham Rd and Arden upper school was on my mum and dads road Bordesley Green Road opposite Denbigh Street. Mr Stanton the Geography teacher he was great Mr Hipwell the sports master
  8. S

Cherrywood Road, Bordesley Green

I just commented on this my mother was just telling me that Dr Bamford and Dr Sankaraya was our doctors up to 1979 on Cherrywood Road until they moved to Templefield St and u still own a house 196 Cherrywood Rd
  9. S

Bordesley Green Road

Fantastic photos was an old member on this forum
  10. S

Doctors

Dr Sankanraya with that voice, Dr Bamfird with the beard Dr Thomas came later and Dr Shah later still. They were based on Cherrywood Road first up to 1979 then moved to Templefield St Number 10 opposite the Birmingham City Football ground I know as they were my doctors
  11. S

Bordesley Green Road

The house on our corner is still our mums house from the late 60’s
Back