• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Sarah M

1. S

Cromwell Street

Hi Kate My Great Gran, Granddad and Grandma (Clarke) lived at 81 Berkeley Road East from at least 1927 -1932. I wonder if there are any photos of the street?
  2. S

Birmingham pubs

Thank you
  3. S

Joseph Norris photographer

I have a photograph from the 5 Union Passage address in my family collection.
  4. S

Bull Ring Old Cock Pump

I've just been looking at this website http://mappingbirmingham.blogspot.com/2012/10/pratchetts-bull-ring.html which has a good piece about Pratchett's Folly or the pump that was converted by Hollins into an Egyptian Conduit. From Hollins' sketches and the descriptions, it looks as if the white...
  5. S

Stechford - The Village

Thanks for posting the photos of Corpus Christi Sister Sue. My grandparents Eva Clarke and John McCourt were married there in the early 1930's.
  6. S

Holy Trinity Church Bordesley.

This is a picture of Holy Trinity, Bordesley taken from my Great Grandmother's marriage certificate in 1907. She was married by Rev F. Trevelyan Snow.
  7. S

Saltley Gas Works explosions (1904 and 1923)

Hi I don't know if you have seen this account by Richard Jones of the 1904 explosion and the fate of the three men who were killed. https://cemeteries.jewelleryquarter.net/francis-william-jordan/
  8. S

Old Birmingham Schools - Changed Or Demolished

Thanks mike that's great. I've added the bookplate from 1920 in case its of interest.
  9. S

Old Birmingham Schools - Changed Or Demolished

I have found an old book belonging to my Grandmother with a plate in the front awarding her the book from St James' Ashted Henry St Girls School. The problem is from what I have read that the school closed in 1894. This would have been before my grandmother was born, and the book itself was...
  10. S

Dartmouth Street 1881

Brilliant, thanks Mike.
  11. S

Dartmouth Street 1881

Hi Phil (and Mike) do you know which way the street numbers on the photograph run please? I'm interested because I've just discovered my great, great grandfather John William English on the electorial register at number 103 in 1896.
Back