• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Samina

1. S

Westminster Infant/Junior School

Hi all, I'm looking for old photos of Westminster Infant and Junior school in Handsworth, Westminster road. The older the photos, the better! :) Thanks
  2. S

Private Sidney Whiley died 1916

Wow thank you so much Viv! There are two more medical cards that i would like to access, would i need to start a new thread for them? They are Private Charles Gordin killed 1915 and Private Arhur Thursfield killed 1915 Apologies if i need to start a new thread
  3. S

Private Sidney Whiley died 1916

Hi all, Does anyone have any information on a Private Sidney Whiley, Machine Gun Corps. Killed in action 16th September 1916, interred at Hielly cemetery, France. Looking for any info at all. Thank you
  4. S

JOHNSON Sissy Maude - Handsworth

Thank you Alberta and Linda! I guess they didn't go too far then. I'm still surprised at how much history we can see now..
  5. S

Elsie was the daughter of Ambrose Johnson, so she would have been born with the name. Interesting about Ambrose may perhaps being a twin. Maybe Elsie was known as May, her middle name...? They sure did move around a lot, not forgetting Handsworth too!
  6. S

Westminster Road Handsworth

Is there any way to see the picture in the first post? Can't seem to see anything
  7. S

Thanks very much linda, really appreciated! Shame we have to wait till September. But i will look up the school and see if they have any info!
  8. S

Re: Cissey Maude Johnson - Handsworth You're right, the old house was where the temple is now. I spoke with Betty today, and she confirmed those details were correct. I got a few more street names from her which i will do a search for now. Also a correction in my first post, her aunts name was...
  9. S

Re: Sissy Maude Johnson - Handsworth Thank you so much Ladylinda! That looks like her! I wonder if there's any pictures of that road/address on this site. Where would be the best place to look?
  10. S

Re: Sissy Maude Johnson - Handsworth Thank you Ken. I will speak to Betty soon and hopefully post again on here.
  11. S

Re: Sissy Maude Johnson - Handsworth I have no idea if that could be correct. I might have to speak to Betty again. Do we have anything linking Betty or May Johnson? I dont know much about Betty's father.
  12. S

Re: Sissy Maude Johnson - Handsworth What do i do with those references :/ Sorry i'm not familiar with that :culpability: It's possible that could be her Ken. Betty told me the family got separated just before the War, and she that was the last time she had seen her mother. So who knows what...
  13. S

Hi all, First off i hope i'm posting in this right section, if not, please mods feel free to move this thread. I work at a school in Brum, and i had a phonecall today from an 80 year old lady named Betty Wilkes. Betty asked me if we has any information on her mother, Sissy Maude Johnson. She...
  14. S

Handsworth - Leonard Road

Thank you for this. I grew up on this street up until last year when we moved to Hampton Road in Aston.
Back