• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Samantha65

1. Samantha65

Berners Street, Lozells

Thanks Lyn, great photos! My uncle talked about going down to a shelter in Burbury Park in his siren suit the night the street got bombed so it does sound like it was close by there. Fingers crossed that mikejee spots my post, I’d love to see the location on a map! Regards Samantha
  2. Samantha65

Berners Street, Lozells

Hello, does anyone know exactly where 139 Berners St was? It was my grandparents’ home until they were bombed out during the war. Was it close to Gerrard St? I know it was a terrace house and close to two schools.
  3. Samantha65

Yates Family - Gerrard St Shop, Lozells And Five Ways Inn, Ladywood

Hello all, I am hoping someone somewhere has some link or information regarding the family of Ernest Yates, his wife Ada (nee Withers) and their daughter Dorothy who was born in 1924. The Yates family ran a shop at 144 Gerrard St near the corner of Berners St until it was bombed in 1940. They...
Back