• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by Sam65

1. S

Dorrington

In the photo on the right Jack Dorrington is the one with the cap, back row. he was the goal keeper. When he retired from Birmingham City due to injury, he was the manager of the Holte Hotel, Aston. After that they moved to 178 Soho Road Handsworth, after Jack died in 1944, Helen my nana stayed...
  2. S

Dorrington

3. S

Dorrington

Thank you I’ll try later
  4. S

Dorrington

thank you so much - I’ve never seen this photo of my grandad - I will try to send you my photos if same issues I’ll ask people I know how to do it
  5. S

Dorrington

I have a photo of grandad Jack in WW1 uniform and 2 team photos. I attached the photos from ‘my photos’ file To send to you. I tied a few times - no luck! but it stated ‘ The uploaded file is too large’ please could you send me the one you have - thanks any ideas please?
  6. S

Dorrington

Many thanks for reply- Jack was my granddad but died before I was born - interesting information - I knew my nana Helen had a baby boy who died of measles aged 6 months so this was baby Jack but I didn’t know he was her first born before Cyril as I’ve dont have the census- my uncle Cyril died...
  7. S

Dorrington

Do you remember anyone with the surname Dorrington? Soho Road Handsworth in 1930 to 1960 newsagent shop number 178 Lady called Margaret and her sister Edith worked there for my nana Sarah Dorrington. I remember as a child Baines cake shop and Tibbetts Fish Mongers. Thanks
  8. S

Dr Paul Weiss GP at Castle Bromwich in 50’s / 60’s

Does anyone remember my uncle Dr Paul Weiss who was a GP in Castle Bromwich. He was South African. Wife Jessie.
  9. S

Frank Harvey Winson Green Prison

Thanks again interesting from years ago
  10. S

Thanks for sending the attachment makes interesting reading. Somewhere in Scotland yes the same.
  11. S

12. S

Thanks May be my library will have subscribed
  13. S

It is him as he was born in 1914 and would be 28 as in the article you sent. Interesting how we can piece things together!
  14. S

It is him as he was born in 1914 and would be 28 as in the article you sent. Interesting how we can piece things together!
  15. S

Interesting as he is my dad! I’m wondering if you would be able to send a press cutting for the trial in August 1953 for the £300 demanded with menaces -like who he demanded it off - my late mother had a young baby - me - must have been difficult. My dad told me he was the Robin Hood of...
Back