• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by sally B

1. S

Newey Goodman Ltd Robin Hood Lane

Thanks for replying. I would really love to see photos of Miss Renouf as she would be my 2nd cousin and we know nothing much about her or what she looks like. She and her Mum are really family mysteries and we would dearly love to know more about them but keep hitting the inevitable wall! It...
  2. S

Burial Renouf

Thanks Ladylinda and Sue, I will just have to keep on digging!! Sally
  3. S

Burial Renouf

Thanks ladylinda, it is a possibility she was buried under the name Honey. The strange thing is that she has 2 enteries in the Deaths 1 as Honey and one as Renouf. My thoughts also were she got the name from her Aunt - my mystery is Why!!?? They seem to vanish from the date of her husbands...
  4. S

Burial Renouf

Please can anyone help? I am trying to find where my Great Aunt and her daughter are buried. Irene May Louise Renouf Died 9.6.1977 in Jaffray Hospital Erdington. She is described as a Shop Manageress retired and widow of Arthur Stewart Honey. She lived at 109 Kedleston Road Birmingham...
  5. S

Irene May Louise Renouf, Baby Linen Warehouse

Alberta That is fantastic you are perfectly correct. Richardson is Sarah Strickland's maiden name. This is my problem how, why and where they got the name Renouf I really do not know. There are no records of her marrying again ( Stewart ( Arthur) died of TB following WW1 - he was at Gallipoli...
  6. S

Irene May Louise Renouf, Baby Linen Warehouse

I am researching Irene May Louise Renouf who appears in the 1939 trades index under baby linen warehouse Maren at 177 Broad Street 15. I would love to know more about this business if anyone could help. I know she died in June 1977 in Jaffray Hospital Erdington but I have no idea how to find...
  7. S

many thanks Paul
  8. S

Many thanks Paul. I am really grateful. I dont suppose you can remember what she looked like or anything about her. Until recently I did not know she existed and to cut a long story short she and her mum have become a bit of a family mystery for me which I would really like to solve. Any...
  9. S

Many thanks Colin
  10. S

Many thanks Anthea. Would you by any chance have known of Marjorie. She apparently was a Secretary / PA I really have a family history mystery. Her mother was Irene and may also have worked there. Their family name was Renouf at that time or could have been Honey. Thanks for your help...
  11. S

Would anyone have any information regarding this company? ie what it produced etc. My Great Aunt worked there as a PA/Secretary until just before her death in 1986. Her name was Marjorie Renouf and I know very little about her other than she lived in Keddleston Road. Many thanks in...
Back