• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by rosielab

1. R

MY FIRST/SECOND GRANDCHILD

Lovely cake lyn my James will be 46 on Tuesday won't be seeing him as he is off on his honeymoon
  2. R

Its Astoness’s (Lyn) birthday

Happy Birthday lyn hope you have a lovely day
  3. R

Belchers Lane Bordesley Green

Wakerley Academy is buit right opposite the back of the Heartland hospital and is on yardley green road
  4. R

The Queens Corgis.

I wonder what will happen to her labradors that she has at Sandringham and I wonder if they will carry on the breeding line
  5. R

First Driving Lesson

I took my test on the 1st April 1989 an hour after I went to my mother-in-laws funeral and yes I did pass my test
  6. R

Triplex Safety Glass, Kings Norton

They have moved the factory to Redditch my son worked there till 2020 he was made redundant after first lockdown my husband also worked there.think there will be houses built on the land as it was sold of before they moved
  7. R

Marston Green Hospital

I was born in Marston Green Hospital in 1953 and my mom registered me at her bedside and it is in Meriden
  8. R

Lyn I'm glad it's all over and Evie is beautiful that picture of the two together is one to treasure
  9. R

Wylde Green

I bought my mother of the bride outfit from millardes in Sutton Coldfield for my daughters wedding 15 years ago the ladies were lovely
  10. R

Lovely memories for James lyn he will be able to tell brother/sister when they are older
  11. R

James has the right idea lyn he won't be disappointed with what ever comes a long
  12. R

Lovely news lyn bet James carnt wait
  13. R

Covid vaccination process

I left brum 2 years ago now live in nottinghamshire I'm 67 had a text of doctor on Tuesday to book my jab went yesterday at 12.20 very organised was in and out in 10 min had to sit in car for 15 mins got up this morning no reaction so far
  14. R

Pet Fostering

I volunteered for a labrador rescue for many years and fostered for them and found it rewarding the first couple of fosters I didn't want to let go but after that I was ok there are so many animals that need a home and fostering is a way of giving them a chance to get use to a home life I can...
  15. R

BSA Factory 1940s Onwards

You described her to a tea she passed away when I was 8 but have fond memories of her she would have a big Christmas tree and cover it with chocolates but us kids couldn't have one until we did a turn e.g. dance sing or read a poem
Back