• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Rons

1. R

B'ham Works Amateur Football Association

Thanks Phil I think he worked in the Jewellery Quarter but no idea where.
  2. R

Great idea Mike, I will keep an eye out and hopefully soon they will be online. I am really grateful for the help that people are giving me.
  3. R

Thank you Janice. The articles make interesting reading, especially the part relating to what the medals were awarded for in the 2nd article. Guess I will never find out just what my Grandfather was awarded it for but at least I know a lot more about B'ham Works Amateur Football now.
  4. R

Hi I have a medal from my Grandfather relating to the 1912-13 Birmingham works amateur association. I have no idea what the medal is for other than football. It is solid silver and the hallmarks say it was made by Turner & Simpson in 1912 in Birmingham. Does anyone have any ideas please?
Back