• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Ron Rogers

1. R

The Gem Tobacco Company Ltd

This Soldier is Known??? to me as his son Rick Winch is a member of the Busselton RSL (British Legion) Western Australia and has donated his Fathers German POW Dog tag to the memorabilia collection. My task in the RSL is to collect and catalogue and arrange for the display of same. Would it be...
  2. R

yes the address as shown is number 56 london EC1..down the bottom of the label (with corner to corner crossed smoking pipes) is the logo "blenders of fine tobaccos for more than one hundred years" Ron
  3. R

Thank you all for your replies and most useful information. Now for the next bit of the mystery.. The books were sent by WX635 Pte R.J.Winch of the Australian 2/11th Battalion who was also a POW at Stalag 344 Why did he include this piece of cardboard in with books ( The books were well packed...
  4. R

Sorry name is McClone Ron Note. Later posts show name is McGlone
  5. R

I am trying to trace the above Tobacco Company,56 Clerkenwell Green London, I recieved a set of 1936 Olympic Games books and in the bottom of the package was a piece of cardboard with the Companies logo and an address to a WW2 POW Rfn A. McClone British prisoner of war 21909, Stalag V11B...
  6. R

how do I find a cemetery

Hi Lyn Thanks for the info I will try o get a copy of the record from link regards Ron
  7. R

how do I find a cemetery

I am trying to locate the cemetery where my Great aunt may have been buried. Ada Rogers died on the 26th of December 1936 at The Infirmary Western Road House Birmingham Her last known address was 99 Stanhope Street Highgate Birmingham Thanks Ron
  8. R

Ronald Roger Rogers

Hi Clarkie Further late last night i found a death listing a ronald roger rogers aug 2006. in Brent,Middlesex .born 12 nov 1923 I tried to find this birth but no luck Most of my tribe were from Birmingham and surrounds Regards Ron
  9. R

Ronald Roger Rogers

Sorry Newbie, that ronald is ronald richard rogers, father William richard rogers,mother lillian may beale regards Ron
  10. R

Ronald Roger Rogers

Hi expert brummie, Ronalds age is given as 25 , bachelor ,employed as a clerk, and living at 162 Albert road ,father's name charles william rogers ,deceased No charles the younger married lola enid needham and they had three girls no sons listed..??? regards Ron
  11. R

Ronald Roger Rogers

I am trying to find a birth date for RONALD ROGER ROGERS, I have a Marriage certificate for him,to Joan Margaret Yates (1947) living at 162 Albert Road Stechford. listing his father as Charles William Rogers (my Great father),and in the presence of Rosina Rogers (my Great Grandmother). My...
  12. R

Police Service Records

Hi Paul, sorry for the late reply, Thanks for the update..as I live in Western Australia could you find out if the have an email,blog ,ect so i might be able to contact them?? regards Ron
  13. R

Thomas Cecil Rogers

Again thanks Chris, As you say worth a try..After my Grandfathers death in 1943 my father had a lot of his stuff unfortunately it went down with the HMAS Nestor in the Mediterranean Sea 1942 Regards Ron
  14. R

Thomas Cecil Rogers

Hi Chris, Thanks for that ,a question, do they hold the same service records as "Ancestry Military records ie "The Burnt Records" or do they have access to other service records?? I also believe my Grandfather was wounded GWS or Gassed while he was in France. Could any one have access to...
  15. R

Police Service Records

Hi Colin, Thanks for the information, I was wondering if any one could ask the "Desk Sargent" about the museum as it would seem that a number people would like to obtain information about their past police relatives Regards Ron
Back