• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by ron perrott

1. R

Dennis Road Secondary Modern Boys School

I guess writing on this link has liberated all sorts of memories that I feel I must share and perhaps jog a few from others. Mr Sumner (the science master) had an old scooter, massive bloody great thing it was. DKR Albatross I think if my memory serves me well. Any road up, the apiery club...
  2. R

Stratford Road Schools

Hiya FY, I was at Stratford road school when you were, My Parents ran the Queens Arms pub on Highgate road.
  3. R

Double Zero Club

Good grief, didn't know so many of you guys were still alive, I well remember Lez the Ted (lawrence Mills) and many others, I was a member 1967-1969 and still have my badges. I rode an Ariel Square four at the time but moved onward and upward. I still ride (GL1800 Goldwing) and still in touch...
  4. R

Dennis Road Secondary Modern Boys School

Iv'e just finished reading through all of these pages,notes and memories from many who I remember and some I don't. Dennis road will be forever etched in my memory for many reasons, some good and some bad. Bob Summers was a pal at the time in the first of the fifth year classes. I was in Billy...
  5. R

Hunters Road/Farm Street

Hi Barry, My father was the gaffer at the Bridge Tavern from around 1950 until 1955 when he moved to the Queens Arms in Sparkbrook. I was just a rug rat at the time but I well remember Smarts pork butchers and the rabbits hanging outside and masons opposite the pub who were a drysalters, I can...
  6. R

Newman Tonks - Newtown

I did my apprenticeship with Wiliam Newman and sons Ltd from 1964-1969. They produced achitectural iron mongery and this included hinges, panic bolts and latches,window opening gear, rubber doors, door closers (the Briton door closers can still be seen all over) as well as things like decorative...
  7. R

The Queens Arms

It is so interesting to see the Queens in it's new livery, I lived there as a child between 1954-1964. The bus garage was next door and most of the custom came from there. My father died around 5 years ago and while cleaning out the house I came across his order book for draught beer dated 1958...
Back