• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Ron Hart

1. R

Hardy Spicers Ltd

Hi Jim, I remember John Washbourne - he was my Sales Director, he was driving his volvo when he was killed and I was in the office the next day when the news came through. Does any one remember Jim Lenton or Brian Howell who also worked in Industrial Sales, or Derrick Morgan who I think was in...
  2. R

Hardy Spicers Ltd

Hi Jim, yes Frank's son was there. It was a good place for families to work together, my brother Chris and cousin Micheal also worked there. Although at first Chris worked at another depot in Smethwick just off Booth Street where HS. had another factory. By then HS was no longer in Witton and...
  3. R

Hardy Spicers Ltd

Hi all My name is Ron Hart. My father was Harry Hart and I was named after my after my uncle, who was Ronnie Hart. My dad Harry was the Production Superintendant over the final assembly of Hardy Spicer. Frank Piper and Ronnie Hart were both Formen reporting to my father. As a lad I used to take...
Back