• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by rogergirling

1. R

Witton Cemetry

Hi Lady P Thanks for your efforts, and it does indeed confirm what Dave found on his earlier visit. Roger
  2. R

Witton Cemetry

Hi Dave thanks for the offer it will help a lot. Have just noticed that my post says section 52 but it should read section 152 According to the map it is situated in the top right hand corner near to Brookvale Road
  3. R

Witton Cemetry

Hi Is any one visiting Witton cemetery in the near future, I need to find out what the inscription on a grave says. The grave is of a Florence Elizabeth Cross, Section 152, Grave no 39046. As I recently moved from B`ham to North Wales I am unable now to visit myself. Any help would be appreciated
  4. R

Girling lost relative

Thanks but I am quite sure this couple on not related to my family.
  5. R

Girling lost relative

I am trying to locate a lost cousin Grahem E Girling who was born in B`ham 1943, last known place of residence was Weoley Castle. I have found a Graham E married to a Valerie J Holly in 1966 in B`ham which is a possible fit, but I have know idea where they live, but could still be in b`ham...
  6. R

Electorall Roll Reqest.

Does any one have access to the roll for Warley Smethwick, just outside the B`ham boundry, or if not know where they can be viewed ??. The address I am interested in is 62 Park Road. Any years after 1930 in particular if the name Girling or Gittus appears. Roger
  7. R

Spencer & Abbon Fuel Merchants

Hi George Thanks for the information Roger
  8. R

Girling George Frederick

Re: George Frederick Girling Hi Suzanne Could you possible look up another adress on the electoral roll please In 1910 my grandparents Gwilym Jenkins & his wife Florence Emily Jenkins were living at 9 Rosebury Avenue,George Street west,All Saints,B`ham. I know from your earlier findings that...
  9. R

Hi Len Do you know where there premises were situated. ? Roger
  10. R

You are most probally correct as it does sound more likely. I entered the name as it was given to me. Do you have more information on the company you suggested ?
  11. R

Howard spencer started up this company in B`ham around about 1900 posible in the Aston area but not certain. Does anyone no of this company and any information about it or the owners ?? Roger
  12. R

Girling George Frederick

Re: George Frederick Girling Hi Suzanne, I wonder if I could impose on help once more, still concerning the same family. I think I mentioned that I was unable to find Mary Jane Ballinger in 1901 (Fredericks wifeto be, they married in 1909) If I could establish for how long she was at the last...
  13. R

Girling George Frederick

Re: George Frederick Girling Hi Suzanne, The death certificate is actually typed out so there can be no mistake about the the name or address. I have spoken to my cousen who remembers visiting him in Bearwood with her dad as a child. She thinks her name was Maude and there were two other...
  14. R

Girling George Frederick

Re: George Frederick Girling Hi Suzanne From your last list I found that Harold Jenkins had been in the army, so I tried to find information on him, but like yourself had no luck, still at least I now know his service number and his regiment, anmd you never know something may turn up. The...
  15. R

Girling George Frederick

Re: George Frederick Girling Hi Suzanne You have been a fantastic help. It has helped me to fill in many of the gaps. If I keep diging away perhaps I may eventually fill them all, or am I being to optomistic. Regards Roger
Back