• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by roger ralph

1. R

Villa Street Lozells

The ford van in the photo belong to G E Packer scrap metal merchants Villa St also in the buildings to the left was G Molloy metal spinner, also Poole and sons who made scoops for weighing machines and the pearl button company was in the building as well
  2. R

Brougham Street, Lozells

The lady on left Nelly Jones came from Bridge Street West, Hockley, the other two were from Kingstanding (Jean) and Frank was from Cotteridge.
  3. R

Brougham Street, Lozells

This is inside the stamp shop at Morgan & Marlow, rear of 5-7 Brougham Street, stamp operator was G. Cooper of Carpenters Road.
  4. R

Brougham Street, Lozells

Morgan & Marlow, rear of 5&7 Brougham street workshop
  5. R

Brougham Street, Lozells

Ok I will get them uploaded for you tomorrow
  6. R

Brougham Street, Lozells

No unfortunately I haven't, only inside the workshop
  7. R

Brougham Street, Lozells

Morgan&Marlow the rear of No. 5&7 Brougham Street. I took the company over in 1965 it had been in Brougham Street 1918, it was definitely there in 1929 as I have the company insurance policy, the company did non ferrous stamping and presswork. At the front house No7 was a family called...
  8. R

Little king st hockley

My great grandfather Thomas Youster 1825-1895 lived in Little King Street No. 60 and later at No.5. He was born in Northampton and spent his married life in Lower King Street, he was a corn merchant at 209 Great King Street which he sold to Joseph Lucas and he moved into 91-92 Bridge Street...
  9. R

Midland Cycling & Athletic Club

Yes if you let me know how you want me to send them, I can attach photos if thats ok?
  10. R

Midland Cycling & Athletic Club

Ralph Youster was my grandfather, I have some of his Cycling records if you would be interested I could send you copies
Back